• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Fuel Consumption using Tesco 99 RON.

Scousefella

Mental for Oriental
OK, I have been running Tesco 99 for a few weeks now and the system must be fully "In the Groove" as far as the consumption is concerned. So, using a trip to Liverpool from Colchester I thought I would keep a check. 8)

I filled up to the brim, must have had plenty in the neck of the tank too. :lol: I left Essex and used "A" Roads and Motorways all the way to Liverpool.

I then done plenty of running around seeing family and this was on regular town and city roads. Not alot of high revving as my Mother was often in the car. :roll: :oops:

Anyway, here is a pic of the fuel gauge with the trip clock showing how much travel had taken place and how much Tesco 99 was left in the tank. :D

Before using 99 RON I have only ever had 300 miles with the light on and the needle hitting rock bottom!!!!! :shock:

Seems like a good drop of juice. :wink:

I'm curently using 95 ron :shock: because of supply problems on all super unleaded/optimax in wales! (lack of tankers)

I currently have 190 miles on the clock and a quarter of a tank left :?

I've not been driving it overly hard due to weather etc...but this is not good :(

Can't wait to get back to Slough for the 99 ron tesco - the only good thing about the place :lol:

I'm using 100 RON but I only manage 250 miles on one tank. Damn these Autobahns :evil:

Scousefella said:
I currently have 190 miles on the clock and a quarter of a tank left

Bloody hell Rich - even in a Teg that is insane!!! :lol:

Tell me about it! I just filled up again and it was 190 miles with 38 litres this time :shock:

Do now have octane booster - see if that makes a difference :?

i filled up with Tesco 99 ron for the first time today, and it half makes a difference, the car felt really responsive and pokey.. i even floored it in 2nd down the ferrari bypass in egham, and i was literally thrown back in my seat, first time in the VTEC where i have felt significant power kick in!! 99 ron rocks.. :p

I'm using 98 ron and I can only just get over 200 miles. Is there something wrong with my car?

Btw I only mainly do town driving.

Smokedog, when you calculate the 200 per tank I assume you are shunting through bad traffic in town.

I can get 280 per tank on 95 RON and about 315 on 99 RON.

If I do a run to Liverpool from home in Colchester I can do the trip from full and get to my Mums before the light comes on. 8)

I'm confused, I thought the ecu on the civic was mapped standard to run on 97 ron, so how does 99 ron make a difference?

dexter said:
dotty said:

And they say there`s no North/South divide.

Looking at that, I would say that someone in head office has decided that us "Northern-wanks" can go and whistle..................... :lol:

Ha! atleast you can drive somewhere to get it! :x :x
:(

Id have to get ona boat to get some!! Northern Ireland sucks sometimes!

:( :( :(

Livvy + Paul said:
I'm confused, I thought the ecu on the civic was mapped standard to run on 97 ron, so how does 99 ron make a difference?

The Civic Type R is meant to run on 95 RON minimum. If a fuel of a higer RON rating is used then the ECU can detect this and alter timing creating a cleaner detonation; increasing net power and effiancy to boot.

Hence if a lower quality fuel is used then the detonation won't be so clean; you will loose power and effiancy.

I haven't worked out the fuel consumption with 99 RON.

I'm almost certainly getting fewer miles out of a tank than with "other" unleaded.

However, the 99 RON's effect on the CTR is :lol: :D/ :smt054 :smt054 :smt054 :smt054 :smt054 :D/

Back