• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Fuel Cutoff/inertia switch

Had my car at Dalco's today having my Bluetooth Handsfree kit fitted.

Anyway once he got it fitted, he drove it out of the workshop where the engine proceeded to die:eek:

He tried starting it again and it turned over but would not start, almost like it was an immobiliser fault. So I drove down with the spare set of keys and Steve got ready to disconnect the handsfree kit to make sure it wasn't anything he had done.

On my way I was thinking about the problem and came to the conclusion it was nothing to do with the immobiliser as the car had started.

Anyway I suddenly remembered that the Fuel cut-off reset switch is behind the dash near the drivers door. So we opened up the panel found the switch and found it had operated. So we reset it and the engine started 1st time:twisted:

We put the panel back, but found if you knocked it hard enough the fuel switch would operate and would need resetting.
So I'm going to keep an eye on it, and have a word with my dealer as I think its a little too sensitive.

Just something to think about if you find yourself in a similar position.

Read about this in Auto Car last week. Funny enough happened to their TDCI Civic, and that had only been sitting outside overnight!

Well one advantage of hitting the fuel cut off switch before yo get out of the car is at least it won't get nicked while your asleep upstaris at night :p :cool:

Always a usefull option if your going away for a few days etc.
Just helps a little I would of said.

Back