• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Fuel Filter ep3 Location

Hi everyone

Does anybody know where the fuel filter is located on civic type r ep3?
if anybody has a diagram or pictures to show where this is located would be great thanks

isn't that a fuel pump? when i type in honda civic type r fuel filter it brings up with a smaller part than this one

No it's a how to on how to replace the filter.

From the thread:

The filter is attached to the fuel pump and they come out together. As you lift the filter, twist lighty at the the same time. The fuel pump starts off at about a 90 degree angle to the filter to start with it but as you lift it starts to straighten. The twisting action helps the rear of the cradle to stop catching on the main access hole on the way out. As the filter clears the tank, to withdraw the pump you will not be able to pull it straight out. The fuel sender float is mounted on the left hand side of it and will need to be coaxed out with damage.

Once out you can work on it on a bench.

First off detach the pivot points of the pump from the filter assembly.

2014-11-29094948.jpg

Pump on the left, filter on the right.

No, this part:

Today I changed the fuel filter on my ep3 and as it's an area which doesn't seem to be much information floating about on, I have created a bit of
a "how to".

First of all, get your fuel filter. As far as I can tell its available from Honda only and here is their part number. All the stuff passing
itself off as a fuel filter online on ebay and the likes are the charcoal canister.

2014-11-29091201.jpg

Here's what's in the box.

3cb76883-39a4-4f58-b55b-a5c4d441a401.jpg

The filter itself and a couple of o-rings in a bag.

Back