• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Fuel Gauge Problem

Has anyone had a problem with their fuel gauge randomly jumping from half a tank to a full tank. another thing is that i filled my tank up the other week and had done over 200 miles in the car then i went to the petrol station and put in another 20 pounds drove for another 60-70 miles went to the fill up and it would only let me put in 20 pounds before the gun clicked off i tried slowly pressing the handle to slow the flow down but it still clicked to say its was full.

does this sound strange to anyone else?

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

so you filled the tank up to the brim then drove for 200 miles. put in £20, drove 60-70 miles then another £20 to brim it again?
sounds ok to me

Last edited by a moderator:
yeh mate, going by the info you said you done 260-70 miles in total which can be a full tank and its cost you £40 to fill it up again.

I had the same thing on my old civic (96-98 pre-facelift model), where the fuel gauge would rise all the way to full even if there were just a few litres left in the tank. I found it would down to parking the car on bumpy ground and I think it was upsetting the float sensor thing in the fuel tank. Seemed odd, but soon came back down when I pulled onto flatter ground.

Something I've noticed with the CTR is that the needle drops from full to halfway really quickly. Then it stays at halfway for ages, before dropping quickly again to empty. Im thinking the tank must be wider in the centre or something...??

Anybody know how many miles you can do once the fuel light comes on? Mine came on this morning coming to work, but I was running late so didnt bother refilling.

=chris=

Anybody know how many miles you can do once the fuel light comes on? Mine came on this morning coming to work, but I was running late so didnt bother refilling.
not 100% sure but there is around 10 litres left when the light comes on. should get 40-50 miles easy.

Back