• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Fuel Gauge seems to have jammed?

Hey Guys, I'm new to this forum, I have a relative knowlege about Honda's and love them lol, I have a little yellow EK4 SiR. But anyway, My mum got an ep3 facelift recently and the fuel gauge seems to have jammed at around half full, between my mum and dad they have dorve it about 100miles since buying it, and it hasn't moved, stuck £20 in it today and it still hasn't moved, I had a similar problem with an ek I used to and just replaced the whole sender unit under the back seat, But was just wondering if EP's are any different or this is a common fault? Clock problem maybe?

Any help is much appreciated,

Cheers
Kris

Hi Kris

Not seen this before but might be worth doing a dial / clock check diagnostic to see if the clocks are stuck or the fuses have gone.

First off, check fuse number 9 ( 10Amp ) under the bonnet fuse box and also check fuse number 10 (7.5amp ) in the under dash fuse box .
If they are both fine then try doing a clock check using the below procedure.

1. Push and hold trip/reset button.
2. Turn lights on.
3. Turn ignition switch ON ( III )
4. Within 5 sec, turn lights OFF then ON then OFF again.
5. Within 5 sec release the trip/reset button, then press the trip/reset button 4 more times quickly and it should start the diag procedure.

HTH

Back