• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Fuel ratings

I wrote to (Total) reference the possibility of getting 100 ron fuel here in the UK
this is their response.

Thank you very much for your questions. I would like to first apologise for my delay in responding
to you.

Your E-Mail regarding the Octane rating of our fuel refers.

Our standard RON for the "Super" grade of unleaded is 97. It would appear from your description "the
white pump" that you are probably buying our Super Unleaded as the normal pump nozzle sticker is
white with green lettering? This is our highest octane unleaded fuel in the UK.

From April this year we have introduced a new "Super" grade fuel known as Excellium. The launch of
this product is by terminal region and we have not yet reached all regions of the UK. However we
anticipate providing Excellium at the majority of our forecourts by the end of 2006. It is not clear
from your E-Mail where you are located but as a rough guide we do not have Excellium in the North
West, North East and South of the River Thames.

Excellium Unleaded remains a 97 RON product but contains innovative additives which are exclusive to
TOTAL. Excellium fuels are cleaner for your engine as well as the environment while also offering
an average reduction in fuel consumption of 4%.

At this time we do not have any plans to increase the Octane Rating of our "Super" or Excellium
Unleaded but we are aware of the activities of our competitors in this regard. We appreciate that a
niche market exists for motorists who drive certain high performance vehicles and we continue to
monitor the growth of this sector of the fuels market. At this time the "Super" fuels sector of the
UK fuels market represents 4% of all fuels but there are signs that this is increasing.

I trust this note covers your question adequately. Thank you again for your comments and for buying
our fuel. If you have any additional questions please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Many thanks

Neil Robinson
Marketing Executive
Office: 01923 694183
Mobile: 0771 445 2239
Email: [email protected]
Fax: 01923 694263

So it's still 97 Ron with 'that special ingredient' who do they think they are Coke-Cola :lol:

last time I read any research on this, BP Ultimate unleaded had the best additives and demonstrably the best performance in terms of power/economy and emissions

I'd be interested to see if there is some new competition on the horizon

Back