• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Full exhaust...??

hi, ive just fitted a fancy de-cat manifold and exhaust system to my ep3, along with other bits to the motor, the engine management light has come on, ive plugged it into a diagnostics machine, and as i thought the exhaust sensors have picked up a fault, is there any way i can turn exhaust sensors off?? the engine light comes on 10 mins after turning it off.. lol :rolleyes:

Can you not get a different sensor to plug into the exhaust. Im sure there is a way you can do it without going down the ECU route.

It has been a long time since Ive had this problem, so my memory isnt very good.

There will be a million threads identical to this one on the forum somewhere, the answer will be there.

Can you not get a different sensor to plug into the exhaust. Im sure there is a way you can do it without going down the ECU route.

It has been a long time since Ive had this problem, so my memory isnt very good.

There will be a million threads identical to this one on the forum somewhere, the answer will be there.

yeah you can but its a bit of a bodge really,

my understanding is you wont get much gains from the decat mani and the engine will run like crap unless you get it remapped

yeah you can but its a bit of a bodge really,

my understanding is you wont get much gains from the decat mani and the engine will run like crap unless you get it remapped

Yes, I agree with this, but you can do it without getting the ECU and Remap. ECU and Remap is the best option, but if your not Mapping the car for a few months for whatever reason, you can bodge it for a few quid.

You also dont need a grands worth of Kpro and mapping. K100 will do, if you join Devil84's group buy you can get the K100, supplied new, fitted and mapped for a little over £600. You could even buy second hand which would be cheaper still.

You're light is on as the O2 sensors think the cat is damaged and not doing its job. It's not there, donuts bound to throw the light on.

Also, with a decat, induction and catback, you will be running lean. this could be potentially dangerous to your engine.

These cars Aren't cheap to modify and gain power out of.

I have just a tegiwa and greddy catback for over a year now, would this damage my engine w/o a remap?

I have just a tegiwa and greddy catback for over a year now, would this damage my engine w/o a remap?

Tegiwa manifold?

It depends how lean it is, for that you'd have to stick it on a dyno and have a run with a sensor in the exhaust pipe to calculate the air to fuel ratio.

If it is too lean, the cylinders/pistons etc will be running hot and this will eventually cause terminal damage to the engine.

Another way to check is to look at the spark plug, but it is more a stick your finger in the air sort of measurement.

Too Hot is an example of what you are looking for on this pic.

reading_spark_plugs.jpg

nah it's just a tegiwa induction kit with a GReddy catback which is 70mm bore. I was under the impression that what Stoo said is generally accepted as true

nah it's just a tegiwa induction kit with a GReddy catback which is 70mm bore. I was under the impression that what Stoo said is generally accepted as true

Stoo said decat, you don't have one.

Back