• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FD2 Full Toda Exhaust and Hondata Reflash ECU *UPDATE* Now with GruppeM

Went to TDI-North today and got the following fitted:

Hondata Reflash ECU (includes ecu) £645.00inc vat [supplied by TDI-north]
Toda Cat Back Exhaust £752 inc vat
Toda Manifold £740.25 inc vat

Also got a power run but forgot to do the before part doh!

Below are the results and it pulls like a train.

When you turn the engine over there is a nice deep burble from the exhaust and a very small popping noise. On part throttle the noise is a little deeper than standard then when you put your foot down it has a nice deep tone but not droany like some systems. Below vtec there is nice lugging power then as soon as vtec kicks in at 5000 rpm all hell breaks loose and the Toda starts to roar, at 6000rpm there is another kick then at 7000rpm you have your fingers crossed that Mr Plod hasn't spotted you. I thought the standard setup was great but sometimes felt that waiting for 6000 rpm was that little to long or having to change down too many cogs, the extra power low down and the vtec point dropping to 5000rpm feels great without you having to always thrash the nuts off it. The 5000rpm changeover is great on the motorway to, as I found that I was out of the vtec zone most of the time in 6th so is probably a better solution for economy.

This was with a stock airbox which would mean that with something like a GruppeM would probably give quite a few more horses and a bit more torque.

I highly recommend the setup and I imagine Hondata will allow a discounted upgrade to the Kpro when it's finally released in a similar way when there was a delay with the EP3 kpro. Plus the bonus is that you get a whole ecu unit with the reflash so you can keep your standard one for a rainy day if you ever want to go back to standard.

Thanks as always to Paul and the guys at TDi-North, Steve and Lewis for doing a great job and providing such great service.

Anyone interested in this setup should give Paul a shout Tel: 0800 0196055 or email: [email protected]

Cheers

Will

Attachments

• Scan-080821-0001.gif
    Scan-080821-0001.gif
    58.1 KB · Views: 218
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Giger :)

Feels great. The power's actually very linear and feels stronger than my old DC5 which had just over 245bhp, the FD2 still feels like it can handle a lot more power :)

Sounds good, I'm a big fan of the Toda stuff, it really is quality and gives nice results. The perfect way to get the K20 engine performing well is with Toda's exhaust, KPro (or similar) and a good filter like GruppeM or Js Racing. My ideal EP3 or DC5 would feature this setup, as I'm not convinced the Chassis on them is really good enough to handle much more, the FD2 I've not driven so can only go off numerous reports sayings it's brilliant!

Didn't take any pics but stole these off someone else, looks exactly the same.

Courtesy of Hovblackvtr :)
34694065yp5.jpg

2.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

9.jpg

8.jpg

Courtesy of Chris2000 on the fd2-owners forum :)
IMGP1159.jpg

IMGP1163.jpg

IMGP1165.jpg

It is real nice quality, for the money i think its good value compared to some of the other jap exhausts available for it, like J's Racing or M&M.

Sounded awesome aswell, quite quiet at low revs and mental on vtec!:twisted: :D

Well, today I finally succumbed...phoned Paul and ordered an ECU.

Should be here in about 5 working days apparently - hopefully about the same time my Kakimoto zorst is arriving, and just in time for the 9k service :D

Cheers guys, it is a stunning looker, and as Julian mentioned sounds :twisted:

Good call Dolphin Tech it feels really strong low down and no more twiddling your thumbs waiting for vtec to kick in :lol:

Well another update :)

Fitted the GruppeM earlier this week. Took me 3 hrs to install it :shock: not something I want to really do again in the near future :crybaby: It's not as straight forward as the DC5 or EP3 as you have to install certain parts in a specific order then strip some more body work then install the airbox, then fit the body panels back on then install the scuttle and finally the scoop. Then if the airbox doesn't quite sit to your liking you have to redo the process again :evil: But on the plus side I spoke to Paul at TDI North and he will happily supply and fit it for you, which is probably what I should have done lol.

Anyway back to the GruppeM, it's an absolute beast :twisted: the sound is amazing, not much louder than standard on part throttle and below vtec but full throttle and vtec it sounds mental. Went through a few tunnels on the way to manchester and it was awesome at full chat, my mate in his car a few cars behind me said he could hear it very clearly even over his loud stereo. It seems to pull much harder in the mid range and the top end, and is willing to pull all the way to the red line and beyond.

On the way back I decided to pop in to see Paul at TDI North to see what sort of gains it had given me if any. So popped it on the Dyno and the results are below.

Thanks to Paul and Lewis as usual for the Dyno run and good to see you again Julian thanks for popping down, when you turned off and I buried the throttle it started wheel spinning at about 70mph :lol: may have been due to me side stepping the clutch though :eek:

Scan-080912-0001.gif

Back