• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Garry's 251.1bhp 181.6lbft Cosmic ep3 - kpro, rota, BBK, skunk intake

Spec list

suspension:
- miester superrace coil overs, 10kg/mm front & 14kg/mm rear springs.
- rota grid 17x7.5 satin black with prada spec 2
- skunk rear camber arms
- skunk rear control arms
- skunk lug nuts
- full polybush kit
- Buddyclub roll centre adjusters
- steering relocation bracket
- jdm front anti roll bar
- Progress rear 24mm anti roll bar kit
- frsu

Engine:
- kpro installed and mapped by tdi north
- skunk black pro series intake manifold 70mm
- skunk 70mm throttle body
- skunk thermal intake gasket
- skunk thermal throttle body gasket
- skunk composite fuel rail
- skunk engine bolts and stainless nuts
- skunk reservoir covers
- skunk low profile cam cover kit
- skunk black series oil filler cap
- skunk weighted gear knob
- skunk rad filler cap
- Innovative billet engine mount kit including front mount, extreme 95A hardness
- Tdi North 3inch exhaust system
- skunk 3inch rear box, custom fabricated to mount to tdi system
- js silicone intake hose with stainless clamps
- js silicone coolant hose kit with stainless clamps
- js silicone breaker hose kit with stainless clamps
- k-tuned idle air assist delete kit
- k-tuned fuel pressure gauge
- RPC stage 3 clutch
- Braided clutch line
- tegiwa race header
- tegiwa airbox
- tegiwa solid gear linkage set & bushes
- tegiwa short shifter
- powerflex exhaust mounts
- carbon coil cover

Brakes:
- Yellowspeed 6pot bbk powder coated red, slotted disks
- slotted rear discs
- ferodo ds3000 rear pads
- full set of braided brake lines
- tegiwa brake stopper
- motul rbf 600 fluid

Exterior:
- pre facelift rear lights
- de wiper rear
- jdm plates
- tints
- clear vinyl on bonnet to prevent stone chips
- aero wiper blades
- chrome indicator bulbs
- hids
- led side lights
- led rear number plate lights
- lots of wax!

Hi all, new member here,

New to this forum but have been on a few forums before with previous modified cars, this is my first honda though and have wanted one for a few years.

I spent months trying to find a nice example of a cosmic and a few weeks back I found one and bought it on the day. It's a low mileage model in very good condition and no modifications, yet.

null_zpsaa0d8668.jpg

null_zps6312aba1.jpg

obviously looks like any other ep3 out there currently and I intend on keeping the appearances pretty stock and spending money where it matters.

Already spent money on a few bits and bobs but will reveal when they arrive.

thanks
Garry

Last edited by a moderator:
After detail

Gave the car a detail to try bring out more shine on the car. Had loads of tar on the car so removed with tardis including inside the arches, followed by clay, polish and two coats of wax. I am reasonably happy with the results I got for grey. Not too happy with the engine bay so will hopefully get some more time on it soon.

null_zpsdf284230.jpg

null_zps00260eea.jpg

null_zps5703cc25.jpg

null_zps7d7a8a80.jpg

null_zps7d49e85c.jpg

null_zpsec33f1a0.jpg

null_zps2deb45a4.jpg

null_zpsc7973da3.jpg

Reflection shot.

null_zps14e96799.jpg

Thanks for the comments, hopefully this thread will be more interesting now.

Most of my ordered parts have arrived.

null_zpsc563be30.jpg

null_zps64a51b2e.jpg

null_zpse1792b16.jpg

null_zpsec9629e1.jpg

so the current parts which have arrived are;
- full polybush kit
- skunk rear camber arms
- es engine mounts
- meister anti rust coat
- set of miester coilovers. These are the harder superrace version of the standard zeta r with 10kg/mm front and 14kg/mm rear springs and harder shocks.

I do have a couple more parts on the way which hopefully won't be too much longer.

Just for curiosity. Why did you decide for the Meister R coilovers instead other brands?

Car looks lovely, looks like mine.

Good job.

Just for curiosity. Why did you decide for the Meister R coilovers instead other brands?

Car looks lovely, looks like mine.

Good job.

Did plenty of research and they seem to be recommended mostly for there value, build quality and customer services and support. I am very happy with their support prior to the purchase and I am looking forward to trying them out.

yours cosmic grey too? I really like the colour

Yes mine is also a cosmic. Only shame is when it rains and then the car gets dry...

Will try to introduce myself and the car this weekend after its weekly clean, although I don't really have knowledge neither tools to polish the car.

Again, yours look soooo good!

Did you notice the clay bar?

Yes mine is also a cosmic. Only shame is when it rains and then the car gets dry...

Will try to introduce myself and the car this weekend after its weekly clean, although I don't really have knowledge neither tools to polish the car.

Again, yours look soooo good!

Did you notice the clay bar?

I love the colour, took me a while to find the right one in cosmic. There is bound to be plenty of car care advice on the site to enhance your knowledge.

Yeah using a clay bar does make a difference to the end result.

You could even search youtube for what to do and techniques etc. I looked at the meguiars ones for tips etc. But it isn't hard to understand although to do a proper detail takes time and effort. When I did mine my arms were nearly dropping off but worth it.

Clay bar, I found, surprisingly easy when I attempted it for the first time and it does make a huge difference what came off was unbelievable.

This is my method:
Once a year - Wash (use a 2 bucket method and mitt rather than sponge), Dry, Claybar, Compound Polish (Slightly abrasive to remove swirls, fine scratches etc), Second Polish (Pure Polish), Wax.
Once a quarter (Every 3 Months) - Wash, Dry, Pure Polish, Wax.
Once a month - Wash (Use Wash & Wax), Dry, Spray Wax.
Once a week/fortnight - Wash (Using Wash & Wax), Dry, Detailing Spray.

It seems a lot (I did spend a small fortune on products) But the car looks really good and is protected from the elements this way.
Although mine ain't cosmic grey this is how it turned out after the first step on my list:
http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/s...-car-a-good-clean-while-the-weather-was-nice!

Managed to get some work done over the weekend just gone;

- service the engine with genuine parts and 5w40 fully synthetic oil
- serviced the brakes and cleaned them up
- also managed to polybush the whole car except the front arms as I was waiting for more parts to complete the job

null_zps40b805a6.jpg

null_zpsba343a59.jpg

null_zps826cc470.jpg

also one more item which I was waiting for finally arrived, now I can finish the front arms

null_zps090b0755.jpg

You can probably tell the wheels aren't in too good of condition, which is driving me mad! I don't intend on refurbishing them anytime soon to be honest as I'm still deciding which wheels to buy. I think the ep3 is quite a difficult car to pick wheels.

any input/opinions would be appreciated

Bit of an update. I have now fitted the following;
- miester superrace coilovers
- skunk rear arms
- front polybushes
- buddyclub roll centre adjusters
- es engine mounts
- roll bar links
- I also bought a the steering arm relocation bracket and fitted, bit of a pain to fit in the car, pleased I don't have to do it again!!!!
- and finally a frsu

sorry no pics yet, I will when I get a chance. I'm loving the handing so far, almost have the bits I want to complete the set up

Took some brief pics of the current set up, also purchased some skunk rear control arms which I forgot to mention

null_zps13600679.jpg

null_zps437b1d82.jpg

This is how it sits now after a few adjustments and another frsu to confirm the geometry
null_zpsd7340b51.jpg

null_zps2ce5c700.jpg

so far I am very happy with the car, as for purchases I will maybe slow down a little for the next month or so as I'm want to enjoy the car and get this set up dialled in to my driving style.

any opinions appreciated

Good job! Once it's settled let us know how you find the handling etc.

ive done about 800 miles with a couple of adjustments and frsu's afterwards. To be honest the set up is more comfortable that I thought with the super race kit and polybushes etc etc. I am very happy with the set up, car is very well planted and very positive to drive. Just a couple of more bits on the suspension I want until I start upping the power. I may give the car a more aggressive set up when I get used to it a bit more, although it is quite aggressive as it stands.

Small update, got some time enjoying the welsh country tonight, here's a pic of my friend following me driving around the horseshoe pass.

null_zpseec1d43f.jpg

ive done about 800 miles with a couple of adjustments and frsu's afterwards. To be honest the set up is more comfortable that I thought with the super race kit and polybushes etc etc. I am very happy with the set up, car is very well planted and very positive to drive. Just a couple of more bits on the suspension I want until I start upping the power. I may give the car a more aggressive set up when I get used to it a bit more, although it is quite aggressive as it stands.

Small update, got some time enjoying the welsh country tonight, here's a pic of my friend following me driving around the horseshoe pass.

null_zpseec1d43f.jpg
Driving in the middle of the road ! how bad Looking good feller

Back