• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Garry's 251.1bhp 181.6lbft Cosmic ep3 - kpro, rota, BBK, skunk intake

Driving in the middle of the road ! how bad Looking good feller

Haha, if you saw the dip on the left of the road and you knew how hard this car was over bumps you would understand

Small update, headlight bulb blew today and I tried to get a set similar to the old ones which looked almost like hids, anyway I failed and now they are the usual yellow colour. So now I've bought a hid kit and hid bulb holders which I will fit on arrival, hopefully this will improve the hopeless factory headlights on these cars. To complete the setup I also bought chrome indicator bulbs front and rear and white led side light bulbs.

i also fitted some Bosch aero wiper blades to clean the frond end up a little

love what youve done so far matey......as for the steering rack riser

i have one to fit atm too....got any tips also what size spanner was it to remove the steering arms

Skunk 2 lca look naughty but its too much for bling

however im tempted to order some now though

love what youve done so far matey......as for the steering rack riser

i have one to fit atm too....got any tips also what size spanner was it to remove the steering arms

Skunk 2 lca look naughty but its too much for bling

however im tempted to order some now though

thanks for the feedback, the skunk arms are a lot lighter than the stock ones so they do have a purpose. However performance wise there are far more items which will give you more bang for buck. They are fantastically built though and do look nice so I figured with me spending around 2k on parts with me fitting to save the cash I may as well fit something you can see!

The rack riser was a bit of a pain if I'm honest, the hardest part is deforming the locking washer due to terrible access. From memory the spanner was 30mm, the shorter the length spanner the better. The easiest method I found was to completely remove the airbox and steer the rack so the bracket was nearest the passenger side.

Small update on the car, trying to get the car set up to my driving style one step at a time and I needed to try change the characteristics a bit. It was being a bit skittish on the front so I lowered the front about 20mm more to put more weight on the front end to try reduce this. This was successful and following this I went from 0.5 degree front camber to 1 degree to assist the grip. Car feels much more planted now and a little more liveable. I'm never expecting the car to be comfy at all with this set up, it will always be very hard and unforgiving. It's a bit of a project for me and will be attending trackways when I'm more comfortable with it.

Pic of during set up

null_zps34bdb674.jpg

also fitted this due to never ending issues with my aircon which I never mentioned, Found the culprit to be a tiny leak in the front pipe after a bit of investigation with some dye and fitting a seal to find the leak was some corrosion close by.
null_zpsd2281a22.jpg

anyway I fitted this to find that since determining the cause of the leak I now have a hole in my condenser from driving around while the pipe was on order, damn stone wedged into it! I now have a new condenser on order which I will fit shortly

got any pics of steering rack riser
also did you replace any of the washers etc lock tabs when doing the rack raiser? :)

got any pics of steering rack riser
also did you replace any of the washers etc lock tabs when doing the rack raiser? :)

Here is a quick pic of the rack riser installed, you can also see the red es engine mount too. The white marks on the bracket is just paint which I put on after tightening so if it goes loose at all I can easily tell in the future.
null_zpse9dbe9bf.jpg

as for the washers they have six sides on the inner hole like a bolt head so when I reinstalled the washer I simply rotated the washer so that when tight a fresh flat part of the washer could be used to bend over and lock the assembly in place. Hope this helps

Hi Gary

Like the sound of your project mate :D I am waiting for my car to be completed. I too have Meister R coilovers and also polybushing the whole car. It's nice to hear your feedback. I will be looking at your thread again as I cannot view pics at work.

Not been on here for a while, I bought another daily car and the civic was stored at my parents house nearly 200miles away, anyway I have it picked up now so I'm back using it more often.

some small updates to the car, I finally got my aircon working. After changing the condenser and yet another piper after the one mentioned above.

I have had the front splitter sprayed and the tailgate, rear bumper and rear splitter will be sprayed when I get the time to get It ready, I am currently focussing on getting the car immaculate while I decide what direction to take it next.

i have purchased some new number plates which I will fit when I get the chance.

Nice looking cosmic mate. Got the same colour I think they look amazing. If your still looking for rims I think rota grids drifts look really nice only issue is more and more ep3's have them now. But still look nice

To complete the setup I also bought chrome indicator bulbs front and rear and white led side light bulbs.

i also fitted some Bosch aero wiper blades to clean the frond end up a little

Which chrome front indicator bulbs did you go for? I've looked into this and there isn't much choice out there.

Which chrome front indicator bulbs did you go for? I've looked into this and there isn't much choice out there.

From memory they are the 582 style bulb, they are far more chunky than most cars. If you search on eBay then it should bring up something, it did with me. This is only for facelift though

I do have a couple more updates for the car but photobucket doesn't work on my phone these days, I will update when I can.

New pic, I have now fitted pre facelift rear lights and number plate since the last pic. I also have some new bits arrived which I will be fitting when I get the chance

9b3924deaa425c456ca923cdb7b7a634_zps3ccbc5ba.jpg

98e9a07adbac5ef65ba1e7799c8ce860_zps8ee9401f.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Update 27.11.13

Morning, I now have an opportunity to spend some time on my car this week, yesterday I stripped the boot lid down and the rear bumper and splitter to be sprayed as there was a couple of scratches which I wanted sorting.

i have also bought the following items,a pile of skunk fender washers and stainless rivet nuts. I have the skunk cam cover bolt kit also on its ways and other parts to tidy up the engine bay

6834eb7fcf3e8c4bdc7417e3d360a194_zpsfbac2737.jpg

i also have this too which was delivered ages ago, I ordered this as soon as it was released. It is the new slunk megapower r 70mm for the uk spec type r

14a9648037f5316f8d4e7f5780e88532_zpsae0a6c6e.jpg

55ecd9935c9b37b78f0903bbd3e39174_zps4b67c1f6.jpg

03be88f0f34937afbc68093c5f9ed88d_zpsdb8ed85d.jpg

7e0c3a0f94b6db99602e53b1325f0e5c_zpsaee989ad.jpg

hope you like

That looks like the best box to be delivered ever !!

the box is far too big for the size of the contents inside, nice bit of kit though
update from today's activities, drove from chester to Lincoln this morning at 4 am to get there for 7.30am to start work on the ep3

i picked the car up from the body shop bright and early to fit the bumper and drive it back to the garage
f13421dac44132cba5361b105f99e1e3_zps19d64566.jpg

assembled the boot

took the exhaust off and waxoiled the whole car
new exhaust compared to old
e21e1a2d2a3512bc9d64ba5066842da2_zps77b5937d.jpg

749a0f502958c34eed5f24e35d775d68_zpsea590954.jpg

and fitted

572a03524885406c8e6aeb89c483746f_zpsdea0b4bd.jpg

fd56de5cf46b2ebe76dec121a94ce316_zpsb71776e7.jpg

7b516a71efd22be8024c35499f399f02_zps9de429f9.jpg

The pictures are a bit pants but you get the idea

i will be working on the car again tomorrow and will update on the progress when I can

thanks for looking

Looking good! The standard exhaust is tiny isn't it lol.
How loud is it?

It does look very small compared to the 70mm system. I'm not sure really yet as I've only driven it about 1mile, impressions so far is that it is pretty loud to be honest. I haven't taken it into vtec yet either.

i am impressed with the build quality as usual with all skunk parts so far

Back