• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Garry's 251.1bhp 181.6lbft Cosmic ep3 - kpro, rota, BBK, skunk intake

Looks awesome. Looking forward to seeing it in the flesh if your still coming tomorrow fella?

Yes I will be there in the morning, may not be as clean tomorrow now due to the weather!

was going to bring a friend in his gt86 but sadly he can't make it to this

Cool. Ive given mine about 30 mins today so no worries. Is that the Red GT86 in the pics? If so that looks nice.

Will see you around 10 tomorrow mate.

Did you ever stick the dB meter on for the MegaPower 70mm? Just wondering if the bung/silencer makes a lot of difference?

Did you ever stick the dB meter on for the MegaPower 70mm? Just wondering if the bung/silencer makes a lot of difference?

I haven't tried yet no, I can tell you that with the windows shut and from the inside it's 90db at 70mph in 6th and 98db in 3rd at 70mph

i bought these a few weeks back and got them fitted as the rest of the car is hard as nails I thought this would help to feel more positive

20140418_070153_zpsnet7i9xz.jpg

they have made quite a bit of difference although nothing major

regards

You liked the short shifter? Noticed that you can misshift any gear compared to oem because of being harder? Or it feels better?

Also, why did you install the roll center adjusters on the ep3?

I ran them on my previous ek, but i've been told they aren't good on the ep3 because of its suspension geometry.

I have a a small update, I purchased this new a couple of weeks ago.
20140427_181245_zps0jzgab24.jpg

It's a gopro black 3+ with spare battery, carry case, extra bases etc etc. so far I think it's great

You liked the short shifter? Noticed that you can misshift any gear compared to oem because of being harder? Or it feels better?

Also, why did you install the roll center adjusters on the ep3?

I ran them on my previous ek, but i've been told they aren't good on the ep3 because of its suspension geometry.

yes it's good, I haven't miss shifted yet. Feels more positive and gives a little more confidence.

i installed them to maintain parrelism with the bottom arms to the road at the lowered height, helps keep a more stable geometry. You get the maximum benefit from these if you fit the rack adjuster too. The handling on the ep3 does benefit from adjustable geometry, if you have this then the car feels much better when set up to your style. Overall I am hugely happy with the handling of the car and I couldn't recommend them more.

thanks for looking

Last edited by a moderator:
Small update with a couple of pics taken recently. I do have a large update which i have been working on bolting new bits to the car, I will update when all complete.

GOPR1000_zpsegkokjfo.jpg

GOPR1016_zpsjwcuadna.jpg

GOPR1049_zpsopbqzjrw.jpg

GOPR1054_zpspxyuiaim.jpg

GOPR1062_zpswcehaxah.jpg

GOPR1065_zpskaaaiz0z.jpg

20140620_205707_zpsi9sinbl5.jpg

20140620_205745_zps7m5g3bnx.jpg

cheers for looking

Car's looking good bud, love what you've done with it.

I like the photos, it can be a right ballache taking pics with a gopro, the massive fisheye can do weird things. Do you have a screen for yours?

Car's looking good bud, love what you've done with it.

I like the photos, it can be a right ballache taking pics with a gopro, the massive fisheye can do weird things. Do you have a screen for yours?

Thanks man.

Yes I know what you mean, I took a few as I thought they looked ok, a bit different to my phone camera. No I don't have a screen currently, hence why some of the pics aren't quite straight:D

Yeah, I don't have a screen either, adds a whole new element to photography!

I've found that the only way to have the car uncentered in a pic is to take it from a distance and crop the photo later. Otherwise you end up with a very wonky Honda.

Get some video up! Oh, and go buy a cheap plug-in mic, makes all the difference.

Yeah, I don't have a screen either, adds a whole new element to photography!

I've found that the only way to have the car uncentered in a pic is to take it from a distance and crop the photo later. Otherwise you end up with a very wonky Honda.

Get some video up! Oh, and go buy a cheap plug-in mic, makes all the difference.

I will try cropping some, thanks for the advice. I did buy a skeleton case so I could use an external mic, however it didn't fit as it was for the hero 3 not the hero 3+. It is on my list of things to get though:D

I will be taking vids tomorrow as the big update is nearly complete. I will upload a vid then

Wow! You've done a fab job on this .

Update 29th June

Evening, I have been working on the car a bit recently and it's now almost complete, pics in current condition

20140627_203513_zpswvnfi8ce.jpg

20140627_203535_zpse8fx4tyx.jpg

20140628_124345_zpso1g5q60a.jpg

20140628_124407_zpspnzx1vx7.jpg

20140628_124625_zps2vzccbkq.jpg

20140628_125939_zpstkwrfqw9.jpg

since last update I have purchased

tegiwa intake
js silicone intake hose with stainless clamps
js silicone coolant hoses with stainless clamps
js silicone breather hoses with stainless clamps
ive only fitted half of the hoses currently due to time constraints
kpro fitted and mapped by tdi north

i am very happy with the car now, can't fault the service from tdi north

thanks for looking

forgot to say, vtec now about 5k rpm and goes up to just over 9k. Car feels much nicer to drive now!

Evening,

Havent been on here in a while due to moving house etc etc. Since the new place has a garage I have been able to give the car a huge detail. Probably took me about 20hours and I haven't done the inside yet!

here are some pics, unfortunately photobucket keeps ruining the quality :confused:

20140831_184651_zpswn6yiyee.jpg

20140831_184714_zps7adaht15.jpg

20140831_184610_zpsb6zjr5b7.jpg

20140831_184625_zpsrehkbvuq.jpg

GOPR1634_zpsb6hvkpcy.jpg

GOPR1620_zps3h6cpxlc.jpg

Thanks for looking

Back