• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Garry's 251.1bhp 181.6lbft Cosmic ep3 - kpro, rota, BBK, skunk intake

Hi mate, your car looks amazing, the mods are spot on, how did you get the washers and bolts to fit on the carbon plug cover rather than the nut that is on there.

Hi mate, your car looks amazing, the mods are spot on, how did you get the washers and bolts to fit on the carbon plug cover rather than the nut that is on there.

It came as part of the low profile head cover kit from skunk, this also replaces the bolts securing the rocker cover. The set was about £100 from tegiwa all in.

Looking really tidy mate.

Any plans for the future?

yes I have a lot more plans for future but one step at a time, more engine parts will be purchased shortly followed up by another trip to tdi north. I will update when I can confirm availability of the parts.

should be done by the end of the month

i have some more pics from Tuesday night which I will upload in a minute

regards

where about did you get the square plates i went to an autoparts store and the square plate they gave me looked way bigger than this...

where about did you get the square plates i went to an autoparts store and the square plate they gave me looked way bigger than this...

i got them them from an ebay shop, I went for some completely legal ones so they are a little bigger than I would like, they also have the company name and licence numer printed on them to give me confidence they are ok. When I get the car out next I will have a look for you as I cant remember sorry.

pics from the other night in wales

20140903_191544_zpsbldfigzb.jpg

20140903_190505_zpsl5upetow.jpg

20140903_190500_zpscyn2xprp.jpg

thanks for looking

some JDM deflectors would finish this off I think. I'd also like to know the size of the plates, I believe true JDM size is 13x7?

thats some well specced motor there mate well impressed with your progress so far nice pick of alloys to i also think the ep3 is a hard car to pick good looking rims for also

Great car man. Well planned and executed mods. Bet she drives lovely. Any further tweaks planned?

I went to get some import plates mad and they wouldn't do it cause it's non import on the v5 :( and eBay ones they said would be illegal

thats some well specced motor there mate well impressed with your progress so far nice pick of alloys to i also think the ep3 is a hard car to pick good looking rims for also

Thanks man

Great car man. Well planned and executed mods. Bet she drives lovely. Any further tweaks planned?

thanks, yeah it does handle really well for an ep3, just need more ponies under the bonnet like yours!

yes I do have a lot more plans, currently trying to get a bit more power then will start again on the suspension, drivetrain and brakes to have a full set up. I have some more pics, will update when they upload

Have an update on the car, spent a few spare hours over the past week on the car, fitted the rest of my hoses. Plus some skunk goodies!

the pics have come out poor as it was on my phone and in the dark so don't judge, the hoses are actually red!

20140922_204045_zpsbkt3larw.jpg

20140922_204055_zpsah0jll3c.jpg

20140922_204126_zps7hfj7tgm.jpg

car now runs absolutely fine, set up tps properly etc. ticks over lovely when cold too. I'm supprised how well the thermal gaskets work. Just need to head over to tdi again to get another map.

comment welcome

garry

Last edited by a moderator:
I think a K Tuned dipstick would look lush in there... Looking damn fine though.

Get another bolt/washer for the back of your coil pack cover, it's annoying me. :lol:

Car is looking superb mate, I just love how it sits. The wheel, tyre and ride height combo is perfect, in every way.

You don't need more ponies, you need less weight! Think I've taken a shade over 100kg out of mine, makes a big difference. Strip her!

Get another bolt/washer for the back of your coil pack cover, it's annoying me. :lol:

Car is looking superb mate, I just love how it sits. The wheel, tyre and ride height combo is perfect, in every way.

You don't need more ponies, you need less weight! Think I've taken a shade over 100kg out of mine, makes a big difference. Strip her!

it annoys the hell out of me too, I do have one, it came as part of the skunk low profile head cover set. However to fit it you need to remove the factory studs that are in the head cover, mine snapped off on removal and I've been gutted ever since :(. I do intend on getting another head cover over winter when the car is used a lot less and do a refurb.

Thanks a lot for the comments man, I really appreciate it. I really need your seats!

stipping is definately on the cards, again that will be a nice winter mod to do.

Forgot to ask; how do you find it without the rear wiper?

cant say I've ever missed it really to be honest, I think it cleans up the back a lot

Unfortunate bud, that's going to be a **** of a job to get that stud out.

It's a shame you're so far south, because you need to come have a play in these seats, you would love them. Stripping it out and adding good seats takes the EP to a whole new level. It still surprises me.

Unfortunate bud, that's going to be a **** of a job to get that stud out.

It's a shame you're so far south, because you need to come have a play in these seats, you would love them. Stripping it out and adding good seats takes the EP to a whole new level. It still surprises me.

you will be pleased to hear that a new head cover I ordered arrived today, now this stud issue will be resolved:D

i do have to do that at some point, I'm just struggling what to order to do things in!

another update, car is booked in at tdi North again tomorrow, I will update afterwards with detail & vid.

Back