• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Garry's 251.1bhp 181.6lbft Cosmic ep3 - kpro, rota, BBK, skunk intake

^^thanks for the feedback.

i have a couple more pictures from recently before I put the car away for winter

IMG_41319954660110_zpsc3ltnlia.jpeg

IMG_41313070321733_zpsqufffuum.jpeg

20141115_143050_zpshiwkyck8.jpg

Great build and incredibly clean car!

I have identical power mods to you apart from I run a full Toda system (manifold back) so would be pretty happy to be getting the figures you're hitting, especially the torques!

Not been on on here for a while as the car has been in the garage, there was a clear day last weekend so I took the car out to get it warm etc and forgot how much I missed it!

i have purchased some items over the last few months and have updated my spec on page one, new additions include;

- full set of skunk2 lug nuts, old tegiwa ones have gone pink
- skunk rad cap
- k-tuned idle air assist delete kit, I already have it bypassed but the kit will make a much neater job around my intake etc
- k-tuned fuel pressure gauge
- full set of braided lines
- tegiwa brake stopper, will paint this black before fitting

i have also also got a shed load of high grade stainless bolts, nuts etc which I will install slowly in the evenings etc

pretty sure I have a skunk obsession now haha

Great build and incredibly clean car!

I have identical power mods to you apart from I run a full Toda system (manifold back) so would be pretty happy to be getting the figures you're hitting, especially the torques!

thanks man, yeah the torque has made a really big difference, hopefully yours will be the same.

Update, last weekend I went on my first track day in this car. I went to ireland on a ferry with the plan of going with a friend tagging onto the porshe owners club track day at mondello circuit. My friend couldn't make it so I decided to go anyway. I have taken some videos but not uploaded yet.

results from the day are I was happy with the handling balance, had a nice mix between overseer and slight under steer.

car was great fun but spent the whole day suffering with the tyres and the lack of a lsd and over 250bhp

pic of rear tyre

20150403_170244_zpsqbir5pz6.jpg

perhaps the biggest problem was the brakes, they felt fine and had little fade but after pulling in towards then end I had a problem

20150404_095320_zpssguaskf3.jpg

basically all four have got very hot and I wore my front pads down to metal, in summary they are f**ked. So I was stuck in Ireland and had to spend all day Saturday trying to buy some cheap pads and get is usable to drive home. I managed to find some and whilst fitting them I noticed both Pistons on the front are seized. I managed to force one pad on each side and use the best two of the old ones to get it home. Now the car is stuck at home while I get all four brakes sorted, yes the back ones are shot too!

i will update with videos and updates of my brake rebuilding task.

thanks for looking

Last edited by a moderator:
shame about the brakes....are you just rebuilding with new pistons and seals or upgrading front calipers altogether ?

shame about the brakes....are you just rebuilding with new pistons and seals or upgrading front calipers altogether ?

Im upgrading everything on the front and the rear except rear callipers, parts should be here in 30days then I will have to fit them on my driveway. didnt see the point in repairing a standard set of callipers as I will most likely just burn them out again.

also forgot to mention that I have now lost both my front centre caps as they got hot.

garry

Really like the pre-face lift lights on the back , think I'm going to change mine over if it's a simple task.

But it's a very nice motor indeed and a great read

Brilliant write up. It makes me feel normal knowing fellow ep3 owners are just like me. Blood sweat and tears, and a lot of money go into these cars. Keep up the good work. Cracking looking car.

Cracking build so far! How loud is it now with the 3" system?

Ouch about the pads! Hope you get it sorted quickly!

Cracking build so far! How loud is it now with the 3" system?

Ouch about the pads! Hope you get it sorted quickly!

Thanks for the feedback

the exhaust is very quiet, far under track limits and doesn't draw any attention which I like the most. I will post up a vid of me going past the main straight on the track day when I get a chance at the computer.

Update 22.5.15

apologies for not updating in a while, I've been very busy at home. I have a baby due in June, I'm in the middle of buying a house and got a new daily driver to replace the 2006 corsa 1.4 which I had .....

new daily
20150518_163329_zps7zjwwx2i.jpg

im guessing it won't be popular on here but I like it. It's a fully loaded hybrid sports tourer. So loads of toys and very good mpg, far better than the corsa all round.

Anyway, I do have an update on the civic since last time, I ordered bits the week after the track day and the last bits arrived three weeks ago;
20150518_123255_zpsnvdrwvru.jpg

What you are seeing is;
- slotted rear disks
- rear ferodo ds3000 pads
- motul rbf 600 fluid
- stainless bolts for all fours disks mounting to hub
- new Honda rear caliper bolts
- new genuine rota centre caps, you may notice I lost two on the track day
- yellowspeed 6pot bbk which red powder coated calipers and slotted disks
- some copper grease and a bleeder bottle as I have to fix this on the floor in my garage and my tools are at my parents house 200miles away!

I finally got round to start fitting this after working this week in the evenings;

pic before of cooked and seized brakes, looking very sorry for itself
20150520_190428_zpsway36djn.jpg

pics after of rear brakes
20150519_203504_zpspeangzxb.jpg

20150519_203517_zpsd0l75m8d.jpg

wheel arches need a clean!

front brakes test fitting for wheel clearances

20150520_173142_zpshbjnic4g.jpg

20150520_173123_zpsisfjahfv.jpg

all assembled

20150520_203918_zpsr7z5clos.jpg

20150520_185351_zps67fwlkva.jpg

this is the car in its current condition, I will get some better pics when I take it out of the garage tomorrow hopefully. I will try get some time on it tomorrow and secure the caps in better than before so they don't come off on track as they are expensive. Then hopefully give it a clean and take it for a drive and bed the brakes in, I've missed the car especially with some of the dry weather we've being having

thanks for looking

garry

Brakes look sweet. Got to be worth the money. A big must for me one day as I want to go super charged.
Thumbs up mate. Well done.

I Managed to get a bit of time on the car yesterday, got all the canter caps on and got the brakes bedded in with a little trip into wales

i will get some full car shots at some point but here's what I have for now

20150523_161850_zpso1c1tfo0.jpg

20150523_161847_zpsz7jwc5pv.jpg

20150523_161904_zpsoppgyr3w.jpg

It also seems like I need a new battery as it started up fine when I drove it out of the garage but wouldn't start again, it's the original battery and it's always shown poor health on the indicator. However it never let me down so I kept using it, I will get one ordered at some point. But it's not done bad for an 11year old car

Not been on here in ages, life been a little hectic with new arrival and buying my first house.

went to oulton park a few weeks ago for a full day open pit, car went well and managed to get my brakes bedded in. Very impressed with them, no fade and very strong.

i will update with pics and videos hen I get a chance

I'm back

Not been on here for ages for various reasons, I have made some progress.

cant remember if I mentioned but my clutch was on its way so I have a stage 3 clutch to go in with a braided line. Car is currently in bits p, I started it last week and spent about 4 hours on it. Everything is off apart from gearbox mount and 4x bell housing bolts

20160313_201604_zpsdckvt390.jpg

this was during disassembly at some point

I also have a few more bits to bolt on which I have had for ages, main one is a progress 24mm rear arb. I will fit this after the clutch

thanks for looking

Back