• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Garry's 251.1bhp 181.6lbft Cosmic ep3 - kpro, rota, BBK, skunk intake

great looking car and awesome thread. You should get some ad08r and that thig ive had them on my FN2 for a while and they are amazing in wet as well as dry

Thanks for the feedback on tyres, I'm certainly going to change them. Just need to wait untill the current ones wear out!

Took the car for an MOT last month and for the first time it failed. It failed as since the car was stood for so long with the handbrake on the rear calipers were sticking a bit. Instead of freeing them off I got a pair of new genuine ones fitted. I also have some handbrake cables to go on.

After passing the MOT the car reached the 70,000 mile milestone. Which sucks a bit but nevermind

So now there are a couple of bits on the car which failed I decided to strip all the suspension down and inspect everything and overhaul as required.

Before this I decided to sort the garage out and paint all the walls and then the floor. Also bought a new bench etc

So the first item I bought for the car was shorter steering arms and new lock washers, then I could get full adjustment on the tracking.

I started in the front and got the coilovers off ready to strip down

Didn't look too pretty either

Got them all freed off and greased in the right places and all cleaned up obviously. This was a pain to free off without damaging anything. I have also replaced all bolts/nuts/fixings etc with food grade stainless steel.

I then bought some basic kit so I can do the frsu at home and set about putting it all back together

Now this is when my OCD kicked in. While I was doing this and got the camber/toe sorted I noticed that on the top of the struts both sides were in slightly different positions on the camber adjustment. This isn't an issue as the alignment was good. However I decided to correct this by unbolting the whole subframe and moving it bit by bit untill it was perfect. Now I've got the desired negative 1 degree on both sides with the strut tops showing exactly that in the same positions on the adjustment slots. Now I can use the scales on the strut tops to make any adjustments quickly and be confident both sides are the same.

I will have a look into the the subframe collars you can buy and see if that will help me in the future. I have heard mixed reviews.

Next steps are to strip the rear down, doing the same thing as I did on the front. I will also fit the new handbrake cables and strip & repaint the calipers and carriers. They were looking a bit tired so now I have new silver calipers it's a good time to paint it all.

Trying to get it all done asap but progress is slow as the kids take up most of my time

Thanks for looking

Last edited by a moderator:
Lovely looking and great spec Cosmic you are building yourself there mate. I traded in my Cosmic grey ep3 daily for a FD2.

Now i want a Grey FK2R.
Keep up the good work!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Looks great as usual. Think you have the calipers on the wrong sides though. Bleed nipples should be pointing upwards i believe

Back