• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

gauges, where to mount in an EP3?

right im thinking about getting a few gauges to keep a closer eye on things so im thinking oil temp, oil pressure and water temp..... but i dont know where to mount them? i was thinking a pillar or under the head unit but as im thinking of getting a double din it kinda negates that option :/

any ideas or pics would be great...

also has any one had experience with the prosport gauge range? [h=2][/h]

have been thinking pillar but the mounts always look taky and never fit great. plus they can obscure the view a bit..

You've already got a water temp gauge in the cluster ;)

Oil temp and pressure are always good though.

SPA do a two in one temp/pressure gauge.

Here is where I mounted mine..

17112011005.jpg

Although I wanted to mount them in the sliding cover in the centre console, next to the R Number.

How about where the 12v socket and the hazard switch is, i have always thought about putting some there.

Just have to relocate the switch

There is frame work for the Dash board behind the 12v socket and Hazard switch, which put me off putting them there, but I have seen it done.

There is frame work for the Dash board behind the 12v socket and Hazard switch, which put me off putting them there, but I have seen it done.

yeh a few people have done this but doen't really appeal to me having them down there, may as well be in the glove box

Ive seen someone with gauges fitted into the air vents above the stereo, it looked ok, but not something I would do.

I got a couple of gauges today oil temp and rpm. i just got rpm for sake of it lol. am heading to tdi on monday so they said they will see what they can do with them.

I was thinking of putting oil gauges in the gap under the stereo. I would need to fabricate a cover for that hole to drill them in to first though.

Tom's boost gauge FTW!

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a couple of gauges today oil temp and rpm. i just got rpm for sake of it lol. am heading to tdi on monday so they said they will see what they can do with them.

I've never understood the point of running an additional rpm gauge when there's a massive one right in front of you from the factory?

Back