• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Gear selections major problems advice needed :)

Afternoon all well had a problem on the car of the biting point dropped to the floor and really struggling to go into gears so I thought it was the clutch so I replaced it with a 6 paddle one was fine for a few hundred mile then now a just cant select any gear while the car is running am thinking maybe the clutch fork what holds the release bearing maybe bent as its not engaging the clutch correctly so there for not selecting gears basically the cars stuck in neutral can ram it into reverse but don't sound to healthy also replaced the slave cylinder and still no difference going to attack it again at the weekend new release bearing and possible clutch fork

any advice would be great full as am not sending it to a garage to get charged 150+ to drop the box out where it only took me and a mate a few hours to drop it out ourselves

cheers in advance guys

Hazard a guess id say it sounds like a hydraulic issue like its either leaking somewhere or youve not bled it properly. It could even be the seals in the master cylinder.

Ended up getting a new master cylinder and still no difference getting very pee'd off with it now lol beld it properly on numerous occasions just can't seem to get any pressure in the slave :/

Out of intrest have you had someone operate the clutch and you select the gears on the box directly under the bonnet or adjust the cables/linkage since its happened?

sent from the middle of nowhere, the centre of everywhere!

Ended up getting a new master cylinder and still no difference getting very pee'd off with it now lol beld it properly on numerous occasions just can't seem to get any pressure in the slave :/

i have just had this nightmare

have you lost all pressure in clutch pedal? does it just stick to the floor unless you pull it up ?

only thing that works is a pressure bleeder :!:

i have just had this nightmare

have you lost all pressure in clutch pedal? does it just stick to the floor unless you pull it up ?

only thing that works is a pressure bleeder :!:

Yeah all pressure in clutch pedal and it just sits on the floor and can only get a tiny tiny bit pressure in slave when it's actually in me hand when am bleeding it cheers bud ** try this on Friday cheers bud

Well mangaged to get lots of pressure in the slave cylinder after pressure bleeding it only took 2 pumps but now a cant select any gears while the cars turned on any ideas

Hey Pricey, did you put in a new clutch? ive actually had the same issue on my FN2, if the cars switched off i could engage gears and when its idling i could not select any gear, it was really bogging me :twisted:, i ended up getting another clutch and that resolved the issue, did you perhaps skim your flywheel because if you did they might have taken off a bit to much.

Back