• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Gearbox/Engine Noises and Characteristics

Hi All , Had my typre R a few weeks now so just trying to get to no more about them. Was a light knock on the rear which was the drop links which is now sorted.
next job is to remove the light rattles, Going to check all the suspect ones ive read about on here, Manifold covers, drive shaft cover and so on. Always seems to be one around 3-4k in most lower gears.

noticed the clutch peddle/Bite point is low but after reading on here seems to be common, about an Inch Up from the floor. in 1st and 2nd gear i notice at low speeds almost like a whine from the Gearbox i belive but not sure if this is common but hope to no more once the rattles and vibrations are gone.

Can anyone let me no if this is normal on CTR's?

Cars on 93000, Serviced well , Dont no if the clutch has ever been done , Car drives spot on and pulls really well through out, so my next ideas were to replace gearbox/clutch fluids and see if it changes anything.

Also if anyone is near to me i would be happy to show them and gain some more knowledge. Thank you all

Been out and removed the Drive Shaft Shield which was defiantly rattling as it was loose. Tried tightening it but didn't make much difference.
Also Took off the Inlet Manifold Cover ( I-VTEC ) and placed some rubber washers on the brackets and refitted.

Took it for a spin and its miles better, no 3-4k Rattle so really pleased with a simple fix.

Still have a little noise from the gearbox i think, took a video even *** its not the best someone may be able to identify what it is, its just like a whine/burble type noise while in 1-2 mainly when taking the foot of the accelerator. can't hear it under load or above 30 mph

http://youtu.be/U3f7ehvC1BQ - Driving around the estate , hard to notice but 8-10 second mark is where i take my foot of the peddle in 2nd ( 15mph) then again towards the end of the video

Heres some before and after engine cleaning Pics

After

Ive got a strange rattle that may be the cat covers as honda said they are loose/corroded. Does anyone know if this is an easy job to sort?
Also it could be the drive shaft covers but i will definitely try the inlet manifold cover as well.

Back