• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

GEARBOX FAILURE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok guys heres the problem car has been bad since before chirstmas 1st to 2nd is a no go when its cold it pops out of 3rd when cold and 5th wont go in at all all the above is only when its cold when its warm ie after about 20 mins of driveing its fine

anyway took it to honda on monday and they give me a lovely 1.0l micra to drive round in joy of joys i then get a phone call on tuesday saying my gearbox is knackered and needs replaceing

the cars a 51 plate with 50k on the clock its under an extended warranty till 24 november this year so its not costing

but when i spoke to the service manager at honda he said the warrenty company want them to strip the box and if they refuse the claim ive got to pay for the stripping and rebulid of the gearbox witch is 800 pound

this to me dont seam right

what i would like to ask is this

1) has anyone eles had a gearbox replaced under warranty

2) what resons if any could they refuse the claim on

3) they told me a engineer has to come and inspect the gearbox as the ammount im claiming on warranty is more than 2k is this standard practise

the car is standard apart from an 5 zigen cat back im a right in thinking they could not use this an excuse

sorry for all the questions guys

thanks

damian

Can you get the car to the dealer when the fault is occuring ie when cold.

If so they must accept there is a problem that needs fixing. Therefore there should be no reason for you to pay anything because its their responsibility to cure the fault.

manufactures warranty (3 years) works differently to extended warranties. The same sort of thing happened with me and luckily the engineer approved the work to be carried out

jsc

what was the problem with your gearbox mate and what was the millage at the time

i take it the enginer is standard practice

thanks damian

It turned out to be a syncro. Was stiff going from 1st to 2nd when cold.

I also got the clutch changed at the same time. I only paid for the part as gearbox was already off the car getting the warranty work done

Back