• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Gearbox feels more precise when cold?

Anyone else experience this? My gearbox always feels better for me first thing in the morning. Guessing because the oil is cold and therefore thicker. Do we recommend a thicker oil for the box on higher mileage cars?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My gearbox is the opposite from yours. **** when cold and gets better as it warms up.

I believe only the Honda mtf3 is recommended in a ctr whatever miles it has done.

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk 2

Yea I had a feeling most peoples boxes are better when warm (ooh errr) but mine seems to respond better when the oil is cooler and therefore thicker.....hmmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My gearbox is strange. It depends what mood it's in as to whether it's smooth or not. I changed the oil about 2 months ago. Sometimes it can be silky smooth on a coldish morning and other mornings it's notchy. I obviously compare mornings of a similar temperature. It's always smooth when warmed up for 20 mins plus mind.

Mine notchy in the morning form cold. But after 20mins the box feel smooth 100% better so i just go with the flow untill warm. Then the rest of the day is fine.

Back