• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Gearbox knock!!

Hi

I have a knock coming from my gearbox. Am just wondering has anyone else had this problem? I am trying to way up my opinions. Do i buy another box from a breakers or get mine rebuilt? I have the gearbox out. Does anyone know how much it is to get gearbox overhauled/rebuilt?

Thanks.

Contact Grinspeed about a gearbox rebuild if that's the route you take. He's a whizz on gearboxes.

Have you checked the mounts for splits or wear? Might sound daft but they can properly knock when gone.

Other than that, be wary of second hand boxes. You know yours, it has a knock yes but that may be easy to sort. You could be buying a whole bunch of other problems with an unknown box, that is unless it comes with a warranty.

Thanks for reply loxy. I thought it was mounts to start with so changed them. Knock was still there so got it on my mates ramp and he told me it was the gearbox. I will check if breakers offer any warranty. If not i think rebuilt as you mentioned.

Thanks.

Back