• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Gearbox Oil

jsc

Getting my car serviced soon.

Any recommendations on what gearbox oil I should use?

Oilman recomends this stuff

gearoil.JPG

Cheers guys, I'll try some of that amsoil.

How much dose the ctr gearbox need?

Do I need 2 bottles?

Guys on the NSX forum have a thread running just like this one - if MTF is good enough for the NSX gearbox, well enough said. :wink:

They also designed the engine...But I run Silkolene PRO in mine and rate it better than the Honda supplied oil.

From what I've heard though, the Honda MTF III is top drawer stuff. Is it still the best stuff if you have an LSD though? That's one thing thats crossed my mind. Or are others more suited? :?

thejudderman said:
They also designed the engine...But I run Silkolene PRO in mine and rate it better than the Honda supplied oil.

From what I've heard though, the Honda MTF III is top drawer stuff. Is it still the best stuff if you have an LSD though? That's one thing thats crossed my mind. Or are others more suited? :?

It's run in my DC2 mate and wouldn't put anything else in it in all honesty.

thejudderman said:

They don't make a specific engine oil for it though do they?

Back