• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC2 DB8 DC5 general advise on dc2

i have jst bought a dc2 and would like some help on what external engine mods i can do. the recaro seats are quite warn as well and i have seen some red S2000 seats that i think r a good price, but don't no if they will bolt straight in or will i need new frames? or would repairin the original seats be the better option the keep the standerd looks? this my first type r and project so any help would be good. thanks

Neily03 said:
What you doing sending new members to other forums! :shock: :lol: :lol: :wink:

:lol: Nutter!!!

He'll remember the help he got here & refer us later on :wink:

I thought you were a clever lad Neil :p

alexm_164 said:
i have jst bought a dc2 and would like some help on what external engine mods i can do. the recaro seats are quite warn as well and i have seen some red S2000 seats that i think r a good price, but don't no if they will bolt straight in or will i need new frames? or would repairin the original seats be the better option the keep the standerd looks? this my first type r and project so any help would be good. thanks

With regards to your seats i'd stick with the recaro's. They're much better than the S2000 seats, imo. Ifvyours aren't in good condition then your best bet would be to find some good second hand ones on a forum or ebay. :wink:

Thats how we treat new members Spacemonkey. :wink: 8)

Depends on what you mean by engine mods also :)

Best to sort out breathing and exhaust before touching the engine itself, however some would say that is engine mods, so :?:

I might look at the S2000 seats to see if they will fit, never had them out to be honest so off the top of my head I don't know, the seat belt guide on them is useful, stops the seat wearing out, have to wait and see what the Recaro seat belt guides are like as they may be similar.

HASNIC said:
As for the recaros you can buy new foam and material from www.capitalseating.co.uk.

As for engine mods, depends on how deep your pockets and what you want to achieve mate :wink:

Like Hasnic said...get the seats retrimmed or what ever at Capital Seating...top guys.

As for changing them...your bloody crazy to even think of the idea!! :lol:

My mate has just got a DC2 aswell.....he was wondering what kind of mods to start with....

Spoon full system and AEM or spoon drop in filter is on order once he has saved up :D

If it just your bolsters that have collapsed this is fairly common and the replacement foam from capitalseating.co.uk is around £20-£25

DaveSS changed mine in exactly 43mins 8) :lol:

neil_jdmr said:
If it just your bolsters that have collapsed this is fairly common and the replacement foam from capitalseating.co.uk is around £20-£25

DaveSS changed mine in exactly 43mins 8) :lol:

Thats what I was going to say.

There was a group buy on teg forum a while back and I forgot. :roll:

Back