• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

general faults

FN2

Hi guys,

I've got a few niggles with my fn2, just wondering if anyone can shed some light....

a loud click every so often from the front of the car when I'm taking off either in first or reverse

a squeeky clutch peddle

and bluetooth (HFT) buzzing for the person on the other end of the phone.

I've got the car booked in next week as I still have warranty but I want to have as much info as possible before going in so that they don't try to tell me it's not covered when it should be.

Also how much should I expect to pay for standard front and rear brake pads?

thanks

Mel

The squeaky clutch peddle should be resolved by a bit of grease on the spring as that’s what stops it on my ep3

Mine had the squeaky clutch pedal when I test drove it, they lubed it up at the dealers and 24K miles later it's still silent. :)

That's ok, I just hope they can sort it to be honest, it's an annoying sound.

Any ideas what should I be paying for a set of brake pads all round?

Excellent, I forgot about this, I was expecting it to be more for some reason... Thanks!

The actual pads are about £45 per axle and take about 45 minutes to change yourself. Although you'll need a piston wind back too for the rear but 'loaned' one from Halfords.... :lol:

I'd love to be able to do it myself but lack the knowledge and confidence to even attempt it.
That was nice of Halfords, I wonder if they would 'loan' me some oil......:lol:

most of the problems sorted. the squeeky clutch was fixed by replacing the master cylinder, the click sound was coming from the suspension and has been tightened up.
rear pads replaced, fronts were ok.
they couldn't find fault with the HFT and suggested that it could be my phone so i need to test that theory with another phone... due soon!

If you Google Honda hands free, there should be a list of phones compatible with the system. I know my old phone wasn't compatible with HFT

i've checked it, the phone's compatible and does actually work but the problem is the sound for the person on the other end of the phone, they hear a persistant buzzing noise, 2 Honda dealers can't find fault with the system, my upgrade due in a couple of weeks so we'll find out if it's the phone or the HFT system...

yep, it's there most of the time, I've since figured out that the interference is linked to the phone being within half a metre of the microphone (in the roof lining). I now have to put the phone in the seat pocket behind the front passenger seat for the noise to be reduced to a bearable amount by the person on the other end of the phone. Pain in the a*se for me when I need to see who is calling me when I drive. I like to keep the phone in the cupholder with the screen facing me so I can see who is calling me at a quick glance. Damn honda for not being able to do this on the nav screen! Will go back to dealer when I have some time...

Back