• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Gentlemen, opinions needed on a nice looking EP3 please.

Looks good.

Notice the alloys are white, odds are the owner has taken care of it. Definitely worth a closer look.

Advert reads all wrong.

Good history file = not full service history.

Derestricted air box, derestricted centre exhaust pipe = doesn't know what it is. He's selling it on behalf of a member of staff, surely the employee knows what's on the car?

No warranty = the guy wants no comeback on it. However, hold on this is a dealer advert. Dealers give an implied 6 months warranty under the sale of goods act...

All cars over £1,000 come with 12 months warranty = contrary to the above, probably a cut and paste from his standard adverts. Warranty needs clarifying before you go anywhere near it.

In short, alarm bells are ringing for me. It might be straight, but no mention of a HPI check in the ad. The guy is a dealer, HPIs are bread and butter and it sounds like the "selling on behalf of a member of staff" story is made up so he can get out of offering what he should be doing as a car dealer.

Personally, I'd avoid it.

Seems expensive...

:lol:

Bottom really has fallen out of the market.

I'd avoid, look for one that's up on a forum, 7/10 times they are honest cars, likely to have a build thread and you also don't end up paying over the odds to a dealer.

Cheers for your opinions guys, much appreciated. Alarm bells also rang for me when I read "this car will come with NO warranty" then "all cars over £1000 come with 12 months warranty" :-S seems a little bit fishy coming from a dealer. I may just view it out of curiosity, and possibly arrange a test drive. Though I doubt that I will part with any cash as the mileage isn't winning me over.

Do a hpi check and find the name of the owner. Then call them and ask to speak to him, that way you'll find out if they are selling on his behalf. The car wouldn't come with warranty because of it being a private sale between you and their employee. But I must admit it looks a little strange

Back