• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Genuine Premier edition ?

Hi there guys and girls. New to the forum and I've been looking to treat myself to an EP3 CTR. Correct me if I'm wrong but I was lead to believe the Premier edition CTR's where available mid 2005 onwards as you can get 05 non premier edition CTR's. Reason I ask is because I've come across this listing on eBay and was registered in November 2004 but is described as a premier edition

http://bit.ly/P8MWUI

Seems to have red carpet, recaro seats, momo steering wheel and rear tinted glass but is it genuine as these Parts can easily be swapped?

Any input would be appreciated

All the best

Welcome to the forum :)

There was also the 30th Anniversary edition that had the Momo steering wheel, red carpets, rear tinted glass and recaro's but they were red unlike the ones in the link. It does look like a genuine Premier Edition to me as it also has the darker rear seats from what I can make out. If it is it should also have Type R written on the front brake callipers. Saying that though I was also under the impression that the Premier Edition was 05 onwards.

I don't think it is, prem editions didn't come out until 2005, a 54 plate is late 2004 model an 04 plate is early 2004 model (I think). Alot of people make their cars look like prem editions, I have a 54 plate that's not a prem so I would say probably not but like colin m said check the calipers, these should be embossed with a type r logo. Or maybe check the number plate with Honda, carspotter etc or insurance companies these should be able to tell you if it's a prem.

That one has a Mugen airbox as well. Might not be the best but it'll be worth a pretty penny to the right person.

if it has all the extras that the premier edition comes with does it really matter that its not a genuine one? just my thoughts

if it has all the extras that the premier edition comes with does it really matter that its not a genuine one? just my thoughts

Id be pretty peeved off if I spent decent money on what I thought was a premier to later find out its only a replica :/

Also, just looked at the ad and it says its a Final Edition?! Not a Final if its only a 54 plate!

It was registered 2/11/2004 according to mycarcheck. Thats pretty much a year before my 55 plate which doesnt seem right. Seems like a lot of trouble to change all the bits to premier spec IMO.

When you put the registration number into the lings Honda parts finder it comes up with the parts for a standard facelift car not a premier edition car.

I tried a known premier edition reg in the parts finder and it correctly got the premier parts, this was just to confirm the previous check.

I'd be very doubtful this cars an actual premier edition ep3

Thanks for the input guys. I'm fussy with cars a replica would definitely put me off. I prefer the real mccoy

Dont see the point in the premier tbh... just like all other run off models... capri brooklands... a 2.8 with leather seats and horrible green paint job.... r5 gt turbo raider same horrible paint but in blue with gold alloys if i remember right... citroen axgt500... god awful green paint and leathers... in an ax!! now i liked and owned some of these cars but if you can justify the extra money for some recaro seats and colour coded brake calipers then more fool you !

Its a honda civic.... just find a good condition ctr rather than looking for a prem at top dollar... in a few years these things will be worth sweet FA.

The Premier didn't cost more when it was new ;)
No that was because it was honda trying to shift old gen civic models as they was launching the fn2 so chucked in a few extras... all manufacturers do this... the ford sierra was the best candidate for this, i lost track of how many names it had.. glsi/xr4x4 2.0/gls etc...The sierra 'chicken' chassuer was another!

Back