• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Geo Setup and Tyre Wear

Hi all, im wondering what sort of Geometry setup people are running and what their particular setup is like for tyre wear.

Im currently thinking of going with the setup given in the 'sticky: suspension for beginners' but was wondering if this would cause uneven tyre wear.

This is for the EP3 Type R. I'm getting Eibach pro-kit fitted and will have front and rear camber adjustment parts.

If you do a lot of motorway miles or do lots of traffic light grand prix starts you'll probably get some increased wear on the inside of tyres, but I'm talking over a fairly long period.

With normal driving however on a mix of roads it won't be that noticeable.

A lot of it also depends on the stiffness of your tyre sidewalls and their wear rate, so it can vary from different brands and models of tyre.

I understand that there are other factors in tyre wear rate/evenness, just as long as the inner edge doesn't end up at say 2mm and the outer has got like 4mm left.

I run a more track orientated set up on Bridgestones and even after some track use I'm getting easy 10k+ miles out of a tyre.
The set up also depends on how you want it to handle. I personally don't think the settings in the 'sticky' are that great. For daily/fast road 1mm of toe out is too much, I'd go 0.5mm max toe out or 0 toe. On the rear 2mm toe in is again too much. 1mm toe in will reduce wear, and make the rear turn better without risking snap oversteer.

Had springs fitted along with all new drop links as well. O/S rear toe bolt was a bu**er so had a to get a new arm for that side. along with new toe bushes and bolts for the rear. Cost a lot more than I had planned :eek:....but don't tell the Mrs ;)
Geo set up was done, can't remember the exact setup but think its -1.6 camber on front and -1 on rear, toe is about 1mm on each, does that make it 2mm total toe?
Handling is 10 times better.

Only issue now is that when i'm stationary or at low speed and i turn the steering wheel it makes a clunking/thunking sound, any ideas?

Back