• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Getting a type r ep3 remapped

Hi hope i have the right bit here for this.

I was wondering roughly how much and what bhp i would get for a remap and also does it save fuel in lower speeds.also does anyone know any decent places to get this done in the glasgow area?thanks

Didnt come on much back when i asked about this but on more now but i ended up getting the reflash, wish i didnt now wish i waited and got the kpro and a few other things done at the same time like manifold etc.

Only reason i went for the reflash was because no where up here does dyno for hondas well not that i know of so sending my ecu away was handy sent it away to cpl racing got it back within 48hrs. nearest is tdi-north i think.

Anyway the reflash is great vtec is great straight away i noticed the difference and the fuel i save now is about 40 miles extra out the tank roughly. sorry about coming back to the thread but just thought i would update on what i done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool. You can always get the KPRO now you've already reflashed your ECU though?

How much was the reflash? It sounds, in that link provided up there by Milanochris, that the flashpro is very similar to a module called the RS Tuner for Clio's.

Do you basically just load a generic map onto the existing ECU, using one of these unlocked modules, which lowers the VTEC and smooths out the power curve?

It was 509 for the reflash, i could be wrong but i think if i was to do other stuff like manifold etc i can just take it to tdi north or cpl racing and they can tune the reflash for 250 or somthing rather than buying the kpro which i think is 750 but obviously i just cant plug it in to a laptop or that. I think thats how it would work anyway.

Am not sure mate am not really clued up on stuff like this lol

It is alot smother to drive etc and dont need to use the gears as much either and in higher gears more responsive rather than needing to drop a gear.

Back