• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Getting into track days

Whats the best way of getting into track days? who do u contact? what are the rules and regulations? what about track day insurance?
all help is greatly appreciated

err..........come to Brands Hatch tomorrow evening.There are 40 Hondas playing on track :wink:

Click my web site link

Got my first one tomorrow with ^^^^, ill let you know how I get on.

Insurance seems to vary quite a lot, ive insured mine for £17.5k and the insurance is £162 for the event but somebody else has managed to get theirs for around £60. I have heard though if you do your annual insurance through GreenLight they only charge you £50 per track day you do, so obviously if they have a competitive quote in the first place and you are going to be doing a few track days it would make sense to go with them.

Ive also borrowed a friends crash helmet so obviously that keeps the cost down a little bit and I wont have to hire one.

VtecRob said:
Whats the best way of getting into track days?
Doing them ;)

VtecRob said:
who do u contact?
Basically look trough the links on Steves site, and contact the company that is running an event at a track you want to drive:
http://www.trackdayracing.co.uk/links-companies.htm

VtecRob said:
what are the rules and regulations?
Generally: Overtaking on the left only and on the straights. Chequered flag is the end of session, back off and return to pits, Yellow flag or lights show there is an accident ahead, slow it down in the viscinity of the yellows... Red flags means slow down be prepared to stop and return to pits.

Some tracks show blue flags indicating faster car coming up behind you, black flag and pointing at you means you are in trouble, return to pits for an ear bashing :oops: :lol:

VtecRob said:
what about track day insurance?
Normally around the £180 mark, though its worth remembering there will be a big excess of around £2k, and to be honest you will get black flagged before you ever get close to being able to do that much damage

VtecRob said:
all help is greatly appreciated
Its worth popping along to a track day before you book, so you can get a feel for how they work 8)

Back