• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FD2 getting mine next week!!

hi all! didnt know the FD2 was already so popular!!

got mine from litchfields.

champ white with mugen front lip.

just a couple of questions:

i'm thinking of getting a kenwood 2din (http://www.kenwood-electronics.co.uk/products/car/multimedia/multimedia/DDX7029) for my FD2. will the screen always be on show even after i turn off the engine? or does it "hide away"??

also, when i took it for a drive the thing that annoyed me the most was the indicator stalk! wrong side!! how easy do you think it will be to change em over??

Last edited by a moderator:
Grrrr! I'm so jealous. :p

Welcome to TRO.

Congrats, fella. Be sure to come back here and let us know what you think of it. Did you have the EP3 or DC5 before?

i had an EK9 Civic. it was done up like a Jordan. it was a 1.4. nothing special. but now i have a proper car.... ;)

Hello mate. mine is coming from Litchfields too but not for 2 months yet. That lower lip looks bad ass, however I'd have to have the rest of the kit to match!

The Kenwood will turn off when the ignition is off, but the screen stays visable which is why I have decided against it. Too much of a theft risk, especially being high up. Also, didn't seem to fit too well either (top of fascia sticks out). Very nice touch screen sat nav though. I'me going for single din with cubby hole inserted into single din space below to finish it off.

I think you'll very quickly get used to the indicator stalk. On my 2nd test drive it was natural already. Not worth the hassle to swap as all the lettering will be upside down!

:smt023

Is that your website in your sig btw?

The mods very kindly set this one up when I asked as there wasn't a proper home for the FD2 at the time. Even with the number of ppl that visit here, there are only 4 of us now that have ordered them. Need to somehow start directing traffic!

hi, nice one! i know how you must be feeling! i should have got my car 2 weeks ago but DVLA are too slow!!

what if i get the parts from the IMA Civic? surely the UK IMA Civic has the correct stalk on the correct side?

also, i have this model already: http://www.kenwood-electronics.co.uk/products/car/multimedia/multimedia/KVT-729DVD/
which is basically the same as the 2din but it fits into a single din. the only reason why i dont like the single din is the hide-away box. extra cables to run through!!

but if it means my car wont get broken into then looks like i will stick wth the single din.

It's personal preference, but the double din kenwood jobby is just asking for it too much for me, especially as there is no way to remove any part of it for security.

Good thought about the hybrid, not sure if any of the controls are different though?

Who are you using for insurance out of interest?

dont wanna give too much away but i'm not the "main driver" if you know what i mean. its a good job i still live at home with my parents!! ;)

your right though...i'm sticking with the single din. my last civic got broken into!!

I'd kill for the indicator to be on the right, means you can indicate whilst changing gear, makes far more sense to me than having it on the left! You'll get used to it pretty damn quick;)

Only a week to go?
*sigh*

I hate you I hate you I hate you I hate you I hate you I hate you I hate you I hate you...

Only kidding....

I'm just gutted I've still got 2 months to wait till mine.

Good to see more and more future owners on here tho!
Greetings!

Back