• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Getting side skirt painted/repaired

Just noticed some one or something has caught the car , looks like a bike pedal or something has caught it ( w*****s)

would you tackle this yourself or get it done by a Pro or just buy a side skirt off eBay , thank you

Even if you just do the filler and the prep work it will save some money then get it sprayed by a pro. sorted.

Yea it's a few mm's deep , gutted

I'll have to give it ago and if it dosent work get one off eBay if I can find a decent one

That's still cheaper than getting it repaired so looks like I'll have to order one , I'll have a practice on this one then see how it turns out. Cheers lads

When spraying the skirt would I just spray the affected area after I've got the prep work spot on , or would you try to blend it in where possible. With or without masking tape

That's fair enough , would you just key the rest of it then and go over it all , with the colour and laquer/ Clear coat

Yup rub the lot down, de-grease, and start again.

*edit You shouldn't need to prime it I wouldn't have thought. Someone else may have a different opinion though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just picked up a decent side skirt so may sell this one if anyone has a badly damaged one they need to sort as its in really good condition apart from that scratch

if not it will be my practise piece

repair for practice, sell on and make monies back.

If not you cant have made it any worse :lol:

Then you will know if you have the skills for future

Very true , just thought if it could benefit anyone on here

but yea I'm happy to have a go. Done bits before but not this size. Worth a go

Back