• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Getting your mats to stay still!

Ok, how does everyone get their car mats to stay where they are, especially on the driver side?

I know the bracket that fits under the drivers seat has the two pegs you clip the mat onto, but mine always seem to find it's way out, then move down the foot well :x

Anybody else get the same problem, or have they fixed it somehow? :?

Damn it! had this problem on the evo, CTR and now the DC5 :(

I have a plastic bracket, where as I seem to remember that there were metal ones when I bought the mats for the CTR, would this have any affect?

Or am I just too heavy footed and using the car way too much? :roll:

Mine are fine, altough the passenger ones a little buts thats cos the gf's a figit! :lol:

Rich,

Just had an idea that might help ya mate :idea:

Get down to Woolworths or somewhere & get some of the velcro strips & then use these on your carpet & back of the mats to keep it still.

They are FECKING strong mate, got the stuff holding my speakers on stands & they don't move.

Just an idea.

Hope it helps fella :wink:

Are these the JDM or the other matts you have :?:

My old matts used to move slightly but never very far with the fixings by the seat, the JDM ones have not budged since putting them in due to the backing they have on them, clings to the carpet very well.

Maybe try some carpet tape perhaps

Carl

SpaceMonkey said:
Rich,

Just had an idea that might help ya mate :idea:

Get down to Woolworths or somewhere & get some of the velcro strips & then use these on your carpet & back of the mats to keep it still.

They are FECKING strong mate, got the stuff holding my speakers on stands & they don't move.

Cracking idea, cheers mate. Have some spare after sticking the sub down in the boot. Wish I'd thought of that :oops:

N77_CEJ said:
Are these the JDM or the other matts you have?

These are the JDM mats, not sure why they move as the passenger side's not shifted at all!

Think the velcro / carpet tape idea wins!

Cheers guys 8)

The stuff on the JDM mats is very good, almost too good.

When you go to fit the drivers side, it stick so well to the carpet it makes it very difficult to get in position for the bracket :evil:

Maybe its not your mats moving.........maybe it's the floor pan :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :wink:

My JDM mats don't budge at all, even without the two pin fixing bracket their pretty much solid.

my JDM mats don't move too! its like they got some velcro underneath them and stops it from moving

Neily03 said:
Mark43 said:
Maybe its not your mats moving.........maybe it's the floor pan :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :wink:

:lol: :lol:

Don't laugh....had that problem with the CTR :evil: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The mats are a bugger to move back to the pins, but always seem to move away from them :roll:

Hey ho - Velcro has now cured my problem 8)

NAyone know how to get rid of furry carpet where the velcro was though? :lol:

Back