• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Glue/double sided tape residue

I've had a sat nav installed for the past 3 years and took it out the other day. Where the antenna was on the dash, it's left I little sticky glue mark.

Any idea what products I could use? I think AG glue/tar remover would be too strong and any sort out clay bar attempt would be too weak. Any ideas??

White spirits (that all AG tar remover is). Test it somewhere unseen first but it should be fine.

Hi guys, there is some really good stuff you can get from Homebase or B&Q - its called sticky stuff remover, it comes in a aerosol can and you literally spray on and leave it for a while and then wipe off. £5 a bottle and works on everything even fabrics

Nail varnish remover works a treat mate its should't be to strong either.

Nail varnish remover is basically acetone, so be careful on plastics as it can melt them if left to long!

Tar and glue removers can mark also, so get it on and off as quick as possible.... Lighter fluid will remove glue safely, as it evaporates quickly (use a cotton bud)

Back