• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Going from Unsilenced Bpipe to Spoon Bpipe with Spoon N1

Bud

Just bought a Spoon Bpipe due to the unsilenced bpipe doing my ears in just a few question if people could answer them for me

1. How much quieter will the exhaust now be with the Spoon Bpipe, some said its not going to make that much difference?

2. How low does the Spoon Bpipe hang down?

3. From what i remember the Spoon bpipe is only a 60.5mm were as the unsilenced was 63.5mm. will it perform just as good?

Thanks

Dan

The wider the bore, the more gases that can flow down, ie faster.

The quicker the gases go out, teh quicker you can get more in, thus, more power. Thats the theory.

By reducing the bore that much, you wont see any improvement. Only if you were running a super tuned machine you would be bale to squeeze maybe a little more out with the 63.5mm B pipe. From what you're running, you wont see any noticeable difference,

From what I am lead to belive teh silencer on a B pipe works quite well, so it will reduce the sound. The Spoon N1 is loud though anayway. But with the unsilenced B pipe, I bet it was bad :lol: .

Not sure what the optimal bore is but doesn't too wide a bore result in loss of back pressure = loss of power?

Yes can be beardo, I think this is more aplicable with FI engines though, as the exhaust gas speeds are used to spin the turbo's.

So narrower pipes can spins the Turbo's quicker, with more force, as opposed to less force with a wider bore.

cheers lads, the unsilenced was custom made, so maybe i thought the spoon bpipe would maybe be much better?

Any know how low the Spoon Bpipe hangs?

cheers lads, the unsilenced was custom made, so maybe i thought the spoon bpipe would maybe be much better?

Any know how low the Spoon Bpipe hangs?

Its been the lowest hanging Bpipe I have had, but I didnt have it fixed with teh OEM manifold, I had the slighlty lower Spoon De cat. I also had Eibach springs.

That said it very rarley touched anything.

You will be fine.

Back