• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Going to look at car tomorrow!

Hello, I'm new to the forum (and type R's). I'm looking to buy one, I test drove a red one the other day and loved it. I'm going for a black one though. Had a 2005 Toyota Celica (140 bhp) the past 3 years and want something a bit faster. Love the styling of the civic and the interior.

I've read through the top threads for information on what to look out for. I'm gonna make sure the third gear works ok (Its a 57 plate). How long does it usually take for the gear to pop out on the faulty ones?

The guy said its got upgraded brembo brakes and something to do with the suspension also? He said this reduces insurance costs, is this true? I'm going to have a look at it tomorrow.

Thanks !

A red one? You need to be more specific you need to tell us make, model, year, miles, and spec. Maybe a link to the advertisement for the car to.

Sorry! Dunno why I even mentioned the colour, since its not that important. Its a 2007 (57 plate) Honda Civic Type R GT. 58000 miles with Full Honda service history. 2 owners

Pretty much any modification will increase your insurance costs. Don't believe him, he's either lying or doesn't know what he's talking about. That would make me cautious of buying a car from him, very cautious.

I didn't buy the car in the end. There was modifications to the front spoiler which I wasn't keen on, also changes had been made to the rear bumper. I prefer to keep it looking original.

I viewed another one today which had a cigarette burn on the back seat which put me off.

The search goes on!

Good luck mate hope you find one that you like, I have an ep3 which is the best car I have ever had.

McSherryMan

There's one for sale over on itr-dc5. Looks clean might be what you after and worth a look....sorry scratch that it's an ep3

I know this sounds bad... But I actually found more than twenty for sale on Facebook... Got talking to a few owners and one stood out enough to go look at. Best find ever and came away with it. So use all options to find one... Forums, facebook, auto trader and the likes... And don't settle.... I did that first time round and what a nightmare. Good luck :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty much any modification will increase your insurance costs. Don't believe him, he's either lying or doesn't know what he's talking about. That would make me cautious of buying a car from him, very cautious.

My thoughts exactly!

I bought my 08 direct from Handa with FDSH. About the most expensive way of doing it but more peace of mind after being caught out in the past.

Hi mate. Bought my 1st ever hot hatch if you like on Saturday. 58 plate type r. Awesome car from what I have seen so far. Can drive it at a sensible speed when you want and there is plenty of throttle when you want that also. Done a few basics so far like painting calipers and sprayed the alloys. I found mine on auto trader. Was loads on there if you don't mind traveling!!
d42f820f5db2fdc9917fae393c9d15e5.jpg

Nicely done. I'll be painting my calipers when I get a day off with decent weather! My CTR's red so I'll probably just stick with Silver for now.

Cheers. Just got the windows to tint hopefully next weekend and I am debating whether or not to fly eyes my lights yet.
I used hammerite paint on my calipers.

Yeah I'll ise the same. I've painted the calipers on every car I've owned with alloys. Has to be one of the cheapest and easiest ways to tidy a car up and make it look newer or, if you like, give it a sportier look.

Definitely worth travelling for the right example. A day of travelling for years of owning a mint car is definitely worth it.

I flew from Cardiff to Edinburgh and then drove the 400 miles back all in the same day as the car was perfect and worth the effort.

Did just under 4 hours each way to get mine but got a great deal. Now I own the car I would say I would happily double that to get a good one

McSherryMan

Back