• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

going to part ex my EP3 for an FN2 - advice please

So! After much thought, I've decided to part ex my EP3 for an FN2, and was wondering if anybody had any advice on my following 3 topics:

-Best places to go in terms of value for money, reliability
-Is it even a wise move?
-Things to look out for on FN2's (I know there's a section on this in FN2owners forum but any standout ones it'd be much appreciated)
-Bought the car last August for £8k, looking for around £5k part ex against a 2009+ FN2 with 15k miles tops, costing £12k~. Is this realistic?

EP3 specs:
54 (2005) plate with A/C
43k miles, full Honda Service history
Cosmic grey
1 previous owner
Fully standard, not modified in any way except new Yokohama Parada 2 tyres fitted last week

Any advice is much appreciated guys, though I can see a lot of stick coming my way.

NOTES - Unsure if this belongs in the right section so please move as appropriate. I'm not posting this on here because I'm too lazy to do the research myself - I have - I just want some genuine thoughts from type R enthusiasts or people that have made a similar transition.

First advice would be to go and test drive a FN2 first to see if it is for you.

Then the main things to check are the same things you would with an EP3.

Service history, obvious signs of damage and repair, check the oil level as if it is low it points to it not being kept topped up.

By 2009 most of the niggles had been ironed out so shouldn't have the 3rd gear issues.

Just watch if you get a 2009 that it is a MY09 car. Some 2008 cars were obviously registered in 09. Reason for this is in 2009 it had a spec revision meaning you got a MP3 connection in the arm rest and HIDs as standard. If you are paying for a 2009 car it is worth making sure you get these additions.

Glasses link here should give you an indication of what to expect trade in. http://www.virtual-showroom.co.uk/scripts/nuvv/nuvv1.asp?clientId=vauxhall&laf=vauxhall&nuvvpath=b

Also £12k does seem reasonable. http://www.autotrader.co.uk/search/..._to_20000_miles/maximum-age/up_to_2_years_old

Again depends on mileage, which you have specified. I wouldn't worry too much about 30k as long as it has full history.

Do not be tempted by cat D/C bargains. Not worth the risk in my opinion.

Personally I would steer clear of the 19" Rage Alloys. They can look good but will not help with the ride quality.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sound advice mate.
I'm taking the EP3 for its MOT and service in 2 weeks, so I'll request an FN2 for the day.
Glass's valued my car at £5100 rather than Parkers £4900~, So i'll have to see what Honda will take.

Any advice is much appreciated guys, though I can see a lot of stick coming my way.

QUOTE]

You go with your heart, mate. Don't worry about what anyone else thinks. Forums are full of gob-shytes (although TRO isn't too bad! :) )

I personally think that the FN2 is arguably better looking and definately more modern. EP looks like a sha99ed biscuit-tin after the dog's been on it, in comparison.

You go with your heart, mate. Don't worry about what anyone else thinks. Forums are full of gob-shytes (although TRO isn't too bad! :) )

I personally think that the FN2 is arguably better looking and definately more modern. EP looks like a sha99ed biscuit-tin after the dog's been on it, in comparison.

Thanks mate.

I traded the EP3 in for a crystal Black FN2 GT on a 59 plate with 5k on the clock.

In my honest opinion, I really miss the EP3 for its looks, rawness, sound, and the fact that I've wanted one since the age of 15 (25 now!).

But, I think i made the right choice as I now own a car with a ridiculous amount of buttons, way more gadgets (only had a/c to play with in the EP3), warranty'd until Sept 12, and overall peace of mind when it comes to running costs. And it's just as quick when taking the VSA off.

Back