• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

"Gong" noise

Evening chaps,

I got my 54 plate Cosmic EP3 a few weeks back and I've noticed that it occasionally makes a weird sound when accelerating normally.
I can best describe it as the sound of a knock on the backbox. It only happens once per gear, I've only noticed it in 2nd and 3rd.
It doesn't happen all the time but when it does it always seems to be between 3 and 4k rpm. If I turn the radio on I can't hear it so it's not that loud.

Anyone got any ideas? I've checked the exhaust for worn/loose mounts and its very stiff so I doubt its that.

The car has done 70k miles and has had a major service a week or so ago. Gearbox is perfect, no issues getting into any gears.

Cheersc

sounds like the back box is knocking, mine felt like it was solid and wouldn't move but knocked under gear changes like you described, until I adjusted fitments. look for any marks where it may have rubbed and that might help give you an answer

Back