• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Good all round fast road/track pad

Looking to do a trackday at the end of may/June and just wondered what people recommended? The usual suspect 'ds250's' crop up but wondered if there was any other suggestions. On previous cars, I've had ebc yellow stuff which were ish, c/l rc5+ which were great and the ds2500's which were ok. Fire away with suggestions guys :) oh and I've sort of read about the mu ones which come recommended

Are the ds3000's overkill? A mate runs them on his clio and swears by them. Or the rc6. I appreciate they are mainly for track use but does anyone run them as a daily?

For road use I'd say so. They need a bit of heat before they work properly and the brake deposits will get on your nerves.

The DS2500's will be more than enough for trackdays.

Get yourself some braided lines, decent grooved discs and uprated fluid and your all set.

Waiting to hear back on wether the project mu ones are mad money. Failing that I may opt for the cosworth pads eightspeed sell.

Of course.

Expect nothing less.

Project mu are good, but not worth the premium over the DS2500.

If you're not going to be a track fiend you don't need anything more than 2500's, braided lines and uprated fluid.

And a sportex midpipe.

im running,

mtec drilled/grooved disks front
ebc redstuff pads front
braided hoses all round
oem rear

im yet to uprate my fluid.
i find these very good but i upgraded my mintex pads which had bad fade
i went for redstuff purely as i won them cheap brand new, otherwise it would be ds of some sort

Why is it when I ask a question on here you allways have to throw in a sarcastic comment? Arnt you a moderator on here? The tried and tested 2500's were not a patch on the rc5+ I had on the Clio. I fancy trying something different to the norm if I wanted witty ass comments I would have included that in my initial post.

Sense of humour failure much.

I was a moderator on here, but I resigned :)

You asked about a CTR not a poxy Clio.

Do you just like baiting? There's nothing wrong with a Clio and their forum is a million miles ahead of this one. And before you say 'we'll ask your questions on there then' I wanted to get advice and opinions off a type r forum. Such a shame you resigned, was it down to the helpful advice you give and couldn't cope with flattery?

Dry your eyes princess.

I resigned for many reasons. One of them being; I couldn't be arsed dealing with people who ask for help, get sound tried and tested advice and then go and ignore it completely.

They'll then go on to CTRO, moan about this place and ask the same question on there.

Rinse and repeat.

Back