• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Good all round fast road/track pad

I'm out. You guys make this forum crap tbh. It's quiet as it is and I can understand why. So what people ask the same questions, don't reply simple. With the unhelpful replies you make means asking another question to be a firkin challenge. It's a forum at the end of the day. And before you say wipe your eyes etc I'm not bothered just dissapointed.

Why is it when I ask a question on here you allways have to throw in a sarcastic comment? Arnt you a moderator on here? The tried and tested 2500's were not a patch on the rc5+ I had on the Clio. I fancy trying something different to the norm if I wanted witty ass comments I would have included that in my initial post.

What did you expect? :rolleyes:

You asked for advice which everyone has given based on personal experience. You then chose to ignore for no apparent reason.

Have you ever tried the DS2500's on track?

What was the point in this thread?

I'm disappointed that you choose to blatantly disregard sound advice too.

From what I can see your car isn't heavily modified, so 2500's are more than adequate.

By the way, I've seen the thread on CTRO that you have also posted on, and the mu recommendations are coming from someone who hasn't even done a track day which is the ironic part.

See you later mate.

I'm not bothered just dissapointed.

tumblr_m2ynvbFIls1r4etbjo1_r1_500.gif

Incase you are reading evo works I will give an example.

Last year at spa my teg was out all day long more or less, the set up was

2500's
OEM discs
RBF 600 fluid
Braided lines (do luck)

I never once suffered any kind of fade, however there were pad deposits which scrubbed off on the way home. No problem.

Earlier this month I was at Spa again.

This time I thought (foolishly) I would try a different set up

This time I tried

Dixcel slotted discs
Dixcel z type pads

I got these off a friend of mine who has used them on one track day,

I couldn't get on with them at all, after a couple of laps I'd get some very bad vibrations and it didn't fill me with much confidence, the discs weren't warped as they'd only do it after a couple of laps and not all the time.

I'd have to come in and 'rest' them before heading back out.

Needless to say that was annoying and I wish I had the same set up as last year.

I'm heading over there again shortly and this time I will be running some 2 piece AP racing rotors and 2500's, I'll be taking along my OEM discs though..

These ;

F2E5B4BD-F2C7-4BC9-866D-8F1080D191B5-16197-000007A1447CF823_zps74afa8a5.jpg

Please don't get arsey, many people on here have been around this scene for years and know what's what with these cars, you can say this forum is quiet, perhaps it is but there are plenty of people on here who have 'been there and done that'

Tbh I'm not really interested with your replies. Every time I question a tried and tested product you come along. Imagine if you decided on wether other companies decided to bring a product out. Sorry the xyz have been tried and tested so your product will be awful in comparison. And to note not everyone considers the ds to be the be all and end all of middle of the road pads. People do actually try something else and consider it to be better.

If you're so determined to be a brave boy and try something new, why create a thread asking about it? Just do it.

Easy decision regarding the pads. Buy them win & move on.

Spend your time on more important decisions in life.

Your such a fvcking doofus.

Funny how when I had my Clio in 2005 the braking package everyone was buying was Brembo discs & DS2500's.....

Jog on will you

Doesn't mean there isn't something better though. The usual jumped on the band wagon when I mentioned another product, it is lol

Back