• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Good all round fast road/track pad

You want opinions but don't want people to comment as its disagreeing with what your decision will be.

Hope you read up on DC sports baffles by the way :)

28C043D1-3615-45DA-A8A6-213E16126ABB-573-0000005A09394DBA_zps554eeeb4.jpg

Waiting to hear back on wether the project mu ones are mad money. Failing that I may opt for the cosworth pads eightspeed sell.

I've had Cosworth Streetmasters on the back of my FN2 for around 15 months. Done a couple of track days on them but to be fair the front brakes do most of the stopping, and I've got the Stoptech BBK on the front, so hard to say if the bite was any good and whether they faded.

What I will say though is that since fitting I've had nothing but problems with the rear sliders getting stuck up with crap and the rear brakes binding, though touch wood this has been resovled now with a bit of filing the pad away at the corners. They also squeal like a wounded pig.

I wouldn't ever buy them again, I'd have been better off with OEM pads. Again I am talking about the rears.

I've got DS2500s on the front in the Stoptechs by the way. Only bad word is the dust, but it is no worse than OEM pads. Absolutely battered them round Spa last year and no fade, no judder, spot on consistency and they've lasted incredibly well since considering the abuse they get. They don't squeal either if they are bedded in (heat cycled) properly when first fitted.

Cheers, at last a decent reply. I've got standard discs, I guess what ever pads I get its worth changing the discs too?

Just steer clear of drilled discs as the ones of a standard that will be made for a Honda (i.e. sub £150) will crack. I'm not saying all drilled discs are bad, but we're not talking "£800 a set for a Panzer mobile" standard here.

Grooved will help with heat dissipation, but by and large OEM aren't that bad. I guess it all depends on your budget.

That being said you could do worse than these: http://www.hondaperformanceparts.co...us_Big_Disc_Kit_Civic_Type_R_EP3_FRONT_348mm/

Though they are a step beyond just better discs, and even then you'd still have the original calipers.

A good, not silly expensive disc would be a Tarox G88.

I've heard very good things about both of those, but not used them myself.

Cheers. The link made my eyes water with the price lol, so I may just stick with standard but will look at the tarox ones you mentioned.

Bremtech are another option. I paid £180 for all four discs from VTEC direct.
Used them at Castle Combe on Friday and they were a great improvement over OEM.

Back