• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Good price for modifications?

Hello guys,

as per title - I have been given an all in price of just over £1900 for the following mods (no breakdown):

rbc 70mm cut to fit ep3
rbc adapter
skunk2 70mm throttle body
fd2 cams
k100
dyno mapping

i already have a toda cutback, dc manifold and a teg m induction.

Dc mani not fitted at the moment. I will be fitting all mods myself (brother) - other than k100 and rr dyno obviously.

Would anyone recommend any changes to the above setup? As always price is sensitive!! tdi cams over fd2 cams?

your 2p would be appreciated!

cheers

pez

I'd definitely consider going for tdi drop in cams over fd2, whilst I know squat about the fd2 cams I know the tdi cams are rated as probably the best drop in cams on the market. I love mine and can't recommend them highly enough.

Am I right in thinking around £900 for tdi cams?

also another thought I have just had. The tuner is around 3 hours away - i know driving on the above set up is not recommended will it be okay for 150 miles?? No vtec obviously...

I would imagine driven sensibly it would fine but the best thing to do is talk to the guy tuning the car and gets their recommendation

Am I right in thinking around £900 for tdi cams?

also another thought I have just had. The tuner is around 3 hours away - i know driving on the above set up is not recommended will it be okay for 150 miles?? No vtec obviously...
Yeah stage one are listed "From £900" and stage two says £950.

£650 for FD2...

Has anyone had both? Any comments? I know its difficult to judge as every car will have a different set up... Is it worth the extra £250? baring in mind in already going to be spending 2k+.

I did the testing on the original TDi-North drop ins. Definitively go for the TDi ones, they give much better results with the proper breathing mods.

It's not just the cost of the cams, it's
labour and mapping as well. Down the road you'll want a couple more ponies and wished you would have gone for the TDis if you get the FD2/DC5 ones.

Back