• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Good Replacement for Tegiwa Induction kit??

Ljw

I've got to the stage where I've just had enough of my Tegiwa induction kit,

The noise and rattle against the scuttle panel just gets on your nerves after 3 years grrrrr, to the point where i feel like ripping it out.

Basically I'm looking for a good replacement, I am currently preparing the car to be Rotrex supercharged (getting lsd, uprated clutch fitted soon) so i don't know if the choice will be effected by this.

AEM v1 or the Injen CAI I think both fit on a charged motor with some slight modification. Sound great too. Sounds deeper and less tinny than the gruppe/Tegiwa M.

Agreed, that's silly money for what it is. I paid £80 2nd hand but that was years ago.

There is a fair amount of work in them though, mandrel bent ally, indexed welding and a high quality filter. They likely take more equipment an expertise to produce than slapping some cheap carbon and resin into a mould and cooking it.

Agreed, that's silly money for what it is. I paid £80 2nd hand but that was years ago.

There is a fair amount of work in them though, mandrel bent ally, indexed welding and a high quality filter. They likely take more equipment an expertise to produce than slapping some cheap carbon and resin into a mould and cooking it.

I agree but a decent filter is easy to manufacture these days as well as some clever pipe bending. Id be hard pressed to pay 80 quid for a new one personally.

Easy, yes. Cheap? No.

The CNC pipe bending equipment is 10's of thousands of pounds, then you have the design time, the development & the manufacture.

As I said, it's more complex and pricey than producing a splash of the Gruppe M and then slapping some carbon in and cooking it.

Oh come on Hazz, 10s of thousands! Are you living in the 90s? Nowadays you can pick up something that will do the job well for a few hundred and you would be able to knock out several a day. Lets not get carried away here ;).

I agree with the development time and research that goes into it but this mod has been out for a decade at least so that paid for itself years ago.

Of course, if you wanted to go full retard on this and paid 30k for a full on automated machine that could knock out hundreds a day you would only need to sell around 100 of these before its paid for itself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Using a manual pipe bender would A) not produce a repeatable pipe as required and B) cost significantly more in labour.

The type required is in the $40k-100k range. Bare in mind those are 2nd hand too.

Then you have to produce bespoke jigs to ensure repeatability. These can sometimes run into the hundreds of thousands. I doubt it in this case but still likely to be a significant cost. They're then also anodised.

There's so many manufacturing processes involved, the more I think about it the less I'm annoyed by their price. I still wouldn't be happy about paying it though :lol:

Using a manual pipe bender would A) not produce a repeatable pipe as required and B) cost significantly more in labour.

The type required is in the $40k-100k range. Bare in mind those are 2nd hand too.

Then you have to produce bespoke jigs to ensure repeatability. These can sometimes run into the hundreds of thousands. I doubt it in this case but still likely to be a significant cost. They're then also anodised.

There's so many manufacturing processes involved, the more I think about it the less I'm annoyed by their price. I still wouldn't be happy about paying it though :lol:

http://www.eightspeed.co.uk/acatalog/EP3_Induction_Kits.html

Dont even get me started on the AEM v1/v2 haha!

Funny story..... So i downloaded one of the many pipe bending machine catalogues out there and ive just had a call from a very nice gentleman asking if i wanted anymore info at about pipe bending machines (i had to enter in my number to download the catalogue)...... I was so close to asking about bending 3 inch pipes to bespoke angles.... :)

Back