• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Goodbye my beloved black edition :'( , hello FK8

So I've been struggling since December after seeing the FK8 in person at my first service. The reviews are great, the car looked a lot lot lot better in person than in pictures (I originally hated the look) and since my current FK2 is my daily, I really wanted something that could manage the horrible speed bumps on my daily commute. I finally did it, my black edition Is so precious to me and I really did not want to give it away for just a stock FK8. Yesterday I found a perfect deal, a cancelled FK8 order that had been registered to the owner who, at their loss, never collected the vehicle. 20 miles on the clock, carbon exterior pack and optional tailgate spoiler, all of this at less than the price of a new FK8. Goodbye black edition and hello FK8. Pics attached are ripped from the advert for the car, but I will post some pics on collection this coming Friday.

fk81.jpgfk82.jpgfk83.jpgfk84.jpgfk85.jpgfk86.jpgfk87.jpgfk88.jpg

Congrats mate best colour and how's your luck with those options spec'd and the dude didn't show....!

Be interested to hear your comparison between the two

Your gonna miss the lift off noise for sure (I keep going on about this I don't know if anyone's noticed it- I have written to dream for fitting of the piper cross to save my sanity)...

Congrats mate best colour and how's your luck with those options spec'd and the dude didn't show....!

Be interested to hear your comparison between the two

Your gonna miss the lift off noise for sure (I keep going on about this I don't know if anyone's noticed it- I have written to dream for fitting of the piper cross to save my sanity)...

Yeah i'm going to miss the noise, had a b-pipe on my FK2 which i'm removing to sell, and it was a lady who ordered the FK8 but never showed for collection, apparently she lost a ton of money on it after cancelling.

Another convert :)

You wont regret it. I loved my FK2 but its a distant memory and i've only had my FK8 a week.

Cool that you got the Carbon pack!

Welcome to the best car on the planet. As voted by Top Gear, Auto Express and most recently What Car?

That's a very low number for a car that wasn't used as a demonstrator. Judging by my own number it would have been delivered to the dealer in August, but I see you have it on a 67 plate like mine.
I'm liking the tailgate spoiler....looks very nice. I was tempted to get one of these....and still might. :)
Regarding the carbon exterior pack....does that include the rear wing? Its just that the centre section doesn't look any different to standard.....but maybe its just the photo.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a very low number for a car that wasn't used as a demonstrator. Judging by my own number it would have been delivered to the dealer in August, but I see you have it on a 67 plate like mine.
I'm liking the tailgate spoiler....looks very nice. I was tempted to get one of these....and still might. :)
Regarding the carbon exterior pack....does that include the rear wing? Its just that the centre section doesn't look any different to standard.....but maybe its just the photo.

The car was first registered 30/09/17 yeah championship white FK8s have a black section on the rear wing. With the carbon pack, that black middle section that connects the wings is made of carbon that has a red detailing. Collecting Friday morning so ill post close up pics for everyone to see.

Lets see it then :)

Here you go

sw2TbPI.jpg

dDoo3i8.jpg

oU4OHI1.jpg

rlNcql2.jpg

0Iz0dtE.jpg

kXSIzgV.jpg

V1dqFrl.jpg

...and the extra roof level spoiler at the rear. any pics of that close up, was wondering about that for my CW as an add-on extra for later

ooooh I like that....if you're gonna own a transformer you might as well have all the toys eh? it's giving me itchy fingers, probably a good job it's not payday until next week

thanks mate for posting :smt038

Very nice...love all the carbon bits (but not the price:D)
Feel a bit nervous for you if that is where the car normally lives..hope you have some extra security in mind.

Very nice...love all the carbon bits (but not the price:D)
Feel a bit nervous for you if that is where the car normally lives..hope you have some extra security in mind.

Yeah I have a few tricks up my sleeve for security, and my area is very low crime rate + police patrol this road heavily at night

Back