• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 Launched

Indeed, I am considering these for the EP3 if I don't get hold of a set of OEM rims with tyres.

Didn't think a whole lot to the 1's tbh. Hankook RS2's were much better. I only care about the dry though.

If you do require a tyre that performs in both wet and dry conditions equally as well, then the continental contisport 3's are the tyres for you. You won't get anything better for the CTR imo. The eagle's weren't all that, sidewall was too soft also imo.

Have been waiting for them to be released in a CTR friendly size mate but not sure they are yet. Will be able to get them for the FN2 and FD2, but they only released them in 18" and 19" to start with. If they are now out in a 215/45/17 then yes, get them. They will be epic...but undoubtedly quite expensive, the contisport 3's price dropped by 30quid last year and they are an awesome tyre so if cost is an issue, then the 3 will still be a good choice...they still score very highly.

Have been waiting for them to be released in a CTR friendly size mate but not sure they are yet. Will be able to get them for the FN2 and FD2, but they only released them in 18" and 19" to start with. If they are now out in a 215/45/17 then yes, get them. They will be epic...but undoubtedly quite expensive, the contisport 3's price dropped by 30quid last year and they are an awesome tyre so if cost is an issue, then the 3 will still be a good choice...they still score very highly.

http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/rshop...._pro_Seite=15&Transport=P&dsco=110&sowigan=So

They are on Blackcircles too.

Cool, they released those quicker than i thought they would, and only 14quid a corner more than the 3's. Continental make some proper awesome tyres now and I'm suprised more CTR owners don't run them tbh. The 3's score 90 and 84 % dry and wet performance but the 5's are 100 and 95 respectively :cool:

You can't get much better that that imo.

Toyo etc can foad. How do those tyres even get bought..? :lol:

What do you use on your FN2 loxy..? Just changed mine for Federal RSR's and they are epic, best tyre I've had yet....and I've nearly had them all ;)

Camskill need to hurry up and get with the program...beat dat price

Cool, they released those quicker than i thought they would, and only 14quid a corner more than the 3's. Continental make some proper awesome tyres now and I'm suprised more CTR owners don't run them tbh. The 3's score 90 and 84 % dry and wet performance but the 5's are 100 and 95 respectively :cool:

You can't get much better that that imo.

Toyo etc can foad. How do those tyres even get bought..? :lol:

What do you use on your FN2 loxy..? Just changed mine for Federal RSR's and they are epic, best tyre I've had yet....and I've nearly had them all ;)

Camskill need to hurry up and get with the program...beat dat price

I've always had the Bridgestone RE050As and they've been a really good performer, predictable and grippy, fair in the wet but I tend not to hoon about in the rain anyway.

Recently put Falken FK452s on the front as I got them used/new, never fitted, for silly cheap monies. Owner bought 18" tyres then found himself some 19" Rages he liked more. Not had them under load in the wet yet, but they are lifting the back wheel up again in the dry.

Just realised I have Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetrics on my EP3, what's the general opinion on them? Haven't really pushed the limits and have tried no other so don't feel I can make a valid judgment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back