• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Got a problem with the A/C :? *UPDATE*

SpaceMonkey

Midget Wannabe
Got a problem peeps & wondering if anyone might be able to shed some light on things?

Well, I used the A/C over the weekend & tbh it took a bit longer than expected to get chilly in the car, but just put that down to the heat of the day.

So last night on my jaunt to Essex I entered the Dartford tunnel & started sweating like a blind lesbian in a fish shop! So turned the A/C on & it fired out lovely freezing air for 5 seconds & then started getting warm :(

Not hot, but like it was on a normal cool setting.

Anyways, just called Ewell Honda to ask them to have a peek & they want £75+VAT per hour to tell me whats wrong & now has just told me that they can't find the car details on the database for warranty issues :x

Now bearing in mind that ADH in Winchester only just serviced the car & have offered to replace my passenger seat base under warranty for a small squeek. What the fook is going on here??!!?!?

Told me it could one of the following....

A/C Gas Leak
Air conditioning compressor thats copped a stone through it
Something else

So now what do I do???

Go to Ewell Honda on Monday & hope that the fault is a warranty claim & that they eventually find my details on the database?

The guy has asked me to call him tomorrow with my chassis number, so he can find the car's details on their system.
But the car is UK as I have gone on the FOC MAC course, ADH have offered to do warranty work & the V5 says first registered here.

I should imagine a compressor for A/C is gonna be BIG money if that needs changing outside of warranty :cry:

Help anyone?

The only way it wouldn't be covered under warrenty it through damage by a stone imo.... so anything else you should be fine...

Neily03 said:
The only way it wouldn't be covered under warrenty it through damage by a stone imo.... so anything else you should be fine...

I hope so Neil.

I'm tempted to call Tom @ TGM & see if it's something he could look at/fix?

Mate, the compressor can fail but a stone would only damage the condenser matrix. A compressor would be pricey, a condenser less so. It is more likely to be a gassing problem or a failed seal which would release the refrigerant. Not running it at all for yonks can cause this kind of failure. Good luck mate whatever happens.

Im sure i read somewhere that the gas had to be replaced every 2 years or so i had the same happen too me on the last CTR i took it back too the dealers and had it regassed and it was A ok the CTR was 3 years old then and as soon as it was done i could tell the difference....

Cheers Lads,

Taking it to a local place on Monday morning for him to have a look as he said he'll charge £40 to re-gas enough to tell if it's a leak or not.
If it isn't I'll pay the difference & have it re-gased.

Honda want, what for it.....£170 to re-gas my air con :shock: :shock: :shock: :x

Fingers crossed it will JUST need regassing.
The fella I'm taking it to, seems to think it's something as silly as that, as apparently the A/C will not run with low gas in an effort to save the compressor.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Thanks again

Maybe you've got one of your midgets wedged in there?? :?: :!: :shock:

Neily03 said:

Now you come to mention it, Toadie has been missing for a couple of days...hmmmmm :lol: :lol:

SpaceMonkey said:
Neily03 said:

Now you come to mention it, Toadie has been missing for a couple of days...hmmmmm :lol: :lol:

PMSL! :lol:

Sounds like it may be a failed seal (as mentioned already). Had a similar problem to this on the car prior to the CTR. Hope you can get it sorted quickly and cheaply, mate. :smt023

SharkyUK said:
SpaceMonkey said:
Neily03 said:

PMSL! :lol:

Sounds like it may be a failed seal (as mentioned already). Had a similar problem to this on the car prior to the CTR. Hope you can get it sorted quickly and cheaply, mate. :smt023

If it is a failed seal, would that be covered under warranty?

SpaceMonkey said:
If it is a failed seal, would that be covered under warranty?

I'm not entirely sure, mate. It was replaced under warranty with the 'old' car. I say 'old' although it was only 4 months old and spent 3 months out of 11 months ownership in the dealers. It was a French car. That's when we decided to ditch and get the CTR. :twisted:

Thanks for the response anyways Andy :wink:

Just don't wanna have my pants pulled down by Honda tbh.

I'll see what gives Monday morning & worst case, then Honda can have a butchers @ Monday Lunch time.

Right,

Just got back from the local A/C place & they had a quick butchers.

Anyways, the pipes are freezing in the engine bay.
The guy said that basically the condensor & all the other expensive stuff that Honda could try to charge me for are working & it's probably a blockage or control panel in the car had gone up the spout.

He said that in his opinion it was DEFO Honda should do under warranty & if they act up to contact Honda UK.

So she's booked in with Croydon Honda for Thursday.
Cheeky fooker on the phone gave the nonsense of....

Honda Service Nerd - "If it's a condensor failure etc sir, thats not covered under warranty!"

Me - "Well if it was lack of gas or condensor failure, then pipes wouldn't freeze would they?!"

Honda Service Nerd - "I spose thats correct sir"

No way am I gonna have my pants pulled down on this one.
They said if parts are in then they will fix it Thursday, if not Friday.

Fingers crossed it'll all fixed under warranty Thurs/Fri.....I'll keep ya updated.

:wink:

Why wouldn't the condenser be covered under warrenty??!?! Thats boll0cks imo!

Neily03 said:

They said if a stone were to hit it, it would not be covered :roll:

Nightmare mate, but fingers crossed it won't cost me a bean :wink:

I'll defo keep you informed.

SpaceMonkey said:
Neily03 said:

But if its failed due to a manufacturing fault then it is covered. :wink:

Neily03 said:
SpaceMonkey said:
Neily03 said:

But if its failed due to a manufacturing fault then it is covered. :wink:

Agreed :wink:

Back