• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Got an aftermarket head unit- what bits do I need to fit it?

Just to let you all know I'm a total noob at this type of stuff. :lol:

ive just bought a second hand alpine cda-9847r headunit, just wanting to know what parts I need to buy to fit it.

As far as I know I need a "harness adaptor (pc2-68-4)" and aerial adaptor?

is this correct, if I do need a aerial adaptor do any of you know what the code is for it?

Cheers guys

link for headunit http://www.mynewcheap.co.uk/products/details/alpine-cda-9847r/2323/

You might need a ISO aerial adapter, you can get the from halfords for £5 but wait til you have the unit, if you have a hole in the back then the standard one will fit if you just have a round connector then you will need the adapter. If you are unsure post a pic of the back of the unit and i'll explain further.

You will also need a fascia adapter if your removing the standard unit as the new one wont fit properly otherwise.

You will also need a fascia adapter if your removing the standard unit as the new one wont fit properly otherwise.

Wrong, it'll fit fine without and look better than with a facia with are usually a poor fit and colour match. I take it's an EP3 we're talking about.

Wrong, it'll fit fine without and look better than with a facia with are usually a poor fit and colour match. I take it's an EP3 we're talking about.

yes mate, ep3 type r face lift. Just been trying to post a picture for an hour or so. gave up with it.

back of the head unit has 2 black cables coming out, 1 from top left and 1 from top right, the top right is a circular, left is not.

Cant explain any better. Ill try and upload the pic again

From the sounds of it your aerial cable will just plug straight into the black cable with the round plug, if you can get pic up i'll clarify this for you

I hope Ive added the picture this time????

Sorry for being thick

Attachments

• alpine.jpg
    alpine.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 42
Forget Halfords for PC2-68-4, they charge a fortune, that's IF it's in stock. Ebay, fiver sent.

cheers guys, brilliant, yeh the price at halfrauds is a joke.
so the Autoleads PC5-28 aerial adaptor is compatible with the alpine.

Ill buy the correct parts and try and fit the bugger!!!

Another question for you all, not really related to the original question but I have some lights out behind the centre console. 1 is the bottom cog heater speed thing and the rear demister button.

Do you think the bulbs have gone or the muppet before hasn't wired it up proper.

What type of bulbs are they???

Thanks in advannce

Last edited by a moderator:
Back