• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Got me a new shaped Civic for a couple of weeks

SpaceMonkey

Midget Wannabe
Well I've told a pal I'll look after his muttleys for a couple of weeks whilst he & his wench sun themselves in the Dominican Rep.

So he's kindly left his company car for me to use.
Iirc it's a 5 door 1.8 Sport FN2 (The right coding for the car?), so looking forward to see how it drives. I know it's not fair to compare it to my old CTR, but I'm looking forward to seeing the basic differences tbh.

Bring on the tyre squeel, bad brake cooking & filling the back up with dirty dawgs (Not the female kind before you get all over enthusiastic ;) ) :lol:

Well this using the car & staying @ his house is going to be very short lived :evil:

Popped round there @ lunch to take the dogs out.
I opened the kitchen door (They stay in there & have a dog flap, so constant access to the garden) to be greeted by masses of fresh hedge trimmings & squishy poo nuggets littered all over the place.....Not a good start.

Seems my dopey pal trimmed the hedges & left all the waste in a plastic bag in the garden. So the dogs pulled it all out & over some fresh turds & into the kitchen. So my 1st visit has envolved sweeping the kitchen up, removing poo nuggets, sweeping the back garden (All hedge trimmings & turds swept into his hole dug for his pond), moping the kitchen floor with disinfectant, being jumped all over & walking them.
The walking them was very enjoyable tbh, but thats it.

Anyways, wandered round the house & it was filth.
The bedroom has clobber, shoes, tissues & glasses all over the place.
The bath had a wet bath mat just left on the floor & the carpet upstairs didn't look like it had seen a hover for weeks :confused:

He had mentioned his other half being funny about me & Ang sleeping in their bed, so she got us an inflatable very small double for the spare room, but said we could kip in their bed. But I don't think I'd want to tbh.
He hadn't even made the thing properly, let alone changed the sheets.

Tbh I feel let down & I certainly won't be having them EVER again.
I won't even be staying there tbh.
Gonna go feed & walk them in the morning. Walk them again @ luncheon time, then go straight from work to feed & walk them & go home to my clean flat.

I can't bare cleaning up someone's lazy mess & dirt.
I feel bad as the dogs won't have company in the evenings, but I can't live in shiz.

:rant:

Sound like a couple of tramps.

And what's with their dogs sh*tting in the back garden? Do they normally do that?

He's normally an organised & clean bloke, but it's shocking round there imo Chris :(

The dogs have access to the garden all day & night, so if they need to go inbetween walks they do outside. Better than poo in the house, but I certainly won't be pooper scooping the back garden.

Just feel terrible about leaving the dogs from 6pm ish till morning with no company, but I just CAN'T stay there :(

Do they ever normally get left for that length of time? If they're not used to it they'll go f*cking mental.

They are normally left all day & then my pal & his wench are normally @ home in the evening.

I may just go round there to watch tv for a couple of hours in the evenings as I'm already starting to feel guilty.

Just don't understand why people ask for a favour & can't even be polite to take you into consideration :mad:

I think that would help the mutts a lot Lee. :) If dogs are used to having company they can get very upset if their routine is changed.

I think I will then mate.
Any good footy on Sky Sports this week?
Any decent films on Sky Movies? :lol:

You're right. It's taking the p*ss really. :evil:

The fooker better bring me back some fags (Not homos) or some aftershave or I'll shave his funking dogs

So, how did you rate the car then Leeeeee? :?

Or have you refused to drive it because it's squalid as well? :lol:

So, how did you rate the car then Leeeeee? :?

Tbh I don't like it :(
I really wanted to, but I don't.

The steering feels even more disconnected than the EP3's imo.
I pulled out of a junction too quickly & spun the wheels (Not intentionally I might add) & the only reason I knew the wheels were spinning is because of the noise. I could feel nothing through the wheel.
But saying that it has plenty of grip if you chuck it into a corner, but just doesn't inspire me with any confidence sadly.

The interior is a very comfy place to be.
The seats are spot on imo & even Angela commented on them.
But the dash is just too busy for my liking. You have to look all over the place @ different things rather than having everything in one place & I find it distracting.
And the A pillar is the most intrusive I've ever driven behind.
Turning right out of junctions feels like a leap of faith :confused:
The dash also comes a long way into the car, too far for my liking.
The space in the thing is immense though. Took the car to Makro last night with Angela & Dad & both took turns to sit in the back & they had masses of room & the boot swallowed a silly amount of bulk shopping.

Performance wise.......well it's only the 1.8i Sport iirc, but it is pish poor.
They is no noticeable surge of power throughout any part of the rev range & the top of it (Normally where Honda lumps excel) feels like it's very very strangled.

Angela summed it up nicely last night when she said....
"This isn't quick, but it's comfy...would be blinding as a mum car or older persons day to day car"

Not a bad car, just not for me.

Or have you refused to drive it because it's squalid as well? :lol:

I cleaned it out last night, it was upsetting me that much :lol::lol::lol:

Update on situation:

My pal had the cheek to text me...... "Are the dogs ok?" :eek:

I text back....."Dogs are slowly being beaten into behaving. You forgot to fill the car up, so I'll fill it up, keep the receipt & you can weigh me in when you get back. Hows the weather?"

We sat with them in the end last night for the best part of 3 hours & they had a good 1 hour+ walk last night. The walking them part is very nice if I'm honest, but clearing up after them isn't.

Back