• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

gps antenna???

hi ive just bought a sat nav unit from a crv just wondering if its supossed to have a lead for a gps antenna coming out of the back anyone have one of these??

yeh its a factory fitted one i spoke to honda and they said dosnt need one.

its just that theres a connection in the back and it looked like it was for a antenna.

The only thing i can think of is the Sat Nav must work of a speed pulse, have you got a wiring diagram for the stereo? you can find the speed pulse on the back of the clock, its very easy to take out. i had to find this on my Pioneer X1 for the Sat Nav and car dynamics (speed, G's front to back and left to right stuff like that).

If you need to fit a speed pulse - see below

To find the speed pulse you will need to people, take the speedo out get a multi meter black probe on an earth and the red you need to search trough each wire moving the car backwards and forwards - make sure you dont confuse this feed with the rev counter - its very annoying!!

If this doesnt make sense shout!!

Back