• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Grace mileage period on servicing

What happens if you go over 12,500, is there a grace period of 1000 miles either way, or 1 month, or is it discressionary ?

Cheers, Lewis p.s. got my 12,500 service tomorrow with 12,492 on clock, and dealer 10 miles away!!! typical huh!!!

They dont mind, mine went 13 months between services because of work commitments and had the front LH headlight replaced under warranty at the same time.

- Kevin.

I guess it depends on the dealship maybe, or the fact i had 2 years free servicing they seemed to prefer to charge.. but i was told 750 miles above is the grace limit... but i wouldn't take it as gospel, i get the feeling they make it up like the weather.

they gave me a new honda civic as a courtesy car, 1.4 i think it is.. i so appreciate my type-r now... other than that it drives pretty well, turning circle is near enough right-angles, but then that could be an over exaggeration give the poor turning circle on the ctr, now i can park it and not feel like a knob, and drive round car parks and overshoot the turn and still be able to recover and make it.

The boot actually resesses another foot deeper, i don't/can't imagine there's a spare wheel in there at all...

i noticed the windscreen pillars seem a lot closer in and you sit a lot further back from the screen... i didn't like that at all.. we'll see what the new type-r looks like, but judging on this model, the proportions it's going to inherit i don't think are going to feel right for me..

Back