• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Greenlight Urgent Help

I forgot to ring Greenlight today to confirm that their policies allow you to drive other vehicles 3rd Party.

I'm flying to USA on Sunday and my insurance runs out on Tuesday, so I need to get Emma to sort it out.
But I was hoping that someone could shed some light on the situation before I go.

paul.goffin said:
I forgot to ring Greenlight today to confirm that their policies allow you to drive other vehicles 3rd Party.

I'm flying to USA on Sunday and my insurance runs out on Tuesday, so I need to get Emma to sort it out.
But I was hoping that someone could shed some light on the situation before I go.

My Greenlight one does on a fully comp policy (Highway Insurance policy)

HTH

I'm fully comp with Greenlight (Highway) and i cannot drive other cars.

Thanks guys, I suppose it depends on which insurance company they put you with.

I try and phone them tomorrow.

Thanks again.

paul.goffin said:
Thanks guys, I suppose it depends on which insurance company they put you with.

I try and phone them tomorrow.

Thanks again.

It should say if you can on your policy documents. :wink:

Looks like it might be down to if you're an old git like me then :)

Section 5, top of first page ;

5. persons or classes of persons entitled to drive :

The insured only.
The insured, who may also drive for Third party cover (Section 1 of the Insurance) a private motor car not belonging to him/her, not registered to him/her, annd not hired .. etc etc

Neily, what words do they use or is it as simple as 'you can drive other peoples cars on 3rd party'?

zeffania said:
Neily, what words do they use or is it as simple as 'you can drive other peoples cars on 3rd party'?

:shock: :shock: Just checked and i can drive other car's 3rd party! Must be because i'm now over 25! Its says the same as JonCTR's;

Section 5, top of first page ;

5. persons or classes of persons entitled to drive :

The insured only.
The insured, who may also drive for Third party cover (Section 1 of the Insurance) a private motor car not belonging to him/her, not registered to him/her, annd not hired .. etc etc

:oops: :oops: :lol:

Back