• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Grinding from brakes under heavy breaking whilst cornering??? Help?

Hi, im new to all this, nMy names john & got my first ctr last week in, cosmic grey with 29000 on the clock & loving every minute of it apart from one thing.

Think i may have a problem with my brakes.....

Im getting a bit of a grinding noise from my front brakes when i apply the brakes heavily, but only when i have a bit of turn on the wheels, if i brake heavy in a straight line it doesn't do it only when turning, have jacked the car up & checked wheel bearings, all spinning freely & no play top to bottom or side to side...brake pads all have approx 6mm left on them, discs have a approx 0.5mm lip around the edge so seem ok...:confused:

could it be a warped disc??? dodgy pads??? :confused:

Any help would be appreciated...
Thanks
John...

Right that sounds expensive...If it is that how much are we talking roughly? Do they wear that quickly then???

Close but no cigar, relatively inexpensive. about £30 for the CV joint kit.
wear depends on how much they have been used, and how hard, but generally dont wear that quick.

Yes home jobbie, take the car out, and put full lock on and move off, CV Joints tend to knock slightly when worn. Try both turning circles.

If it was warped discs, I would expect you to feel the vibration through the steering wheel.

Other things to check. Lose wheel weights. Missing wheel weights. Tracking, wheel balancing any of those could generate the symptoms you describe.

Right will take car out in a min & try that, had new tyres fitted last sat so could be that, tracking hasnt been done yet so will get that sat & try to eliminate one by one...

Cheers for the help fella, much appreciated...

Back